“I got sick” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Syracuse, New York
“I got sick”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have ordered from their before and never got sick. This certain day I ordered chicken wings and around 3:00 am it was not pretty. I don't know if it was the grease that they are using or the batter but be very careful if the chiken wings are huge and the batter is white and flaky it might not be pretty for you!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese Food in all of Central NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This chinese restaurant is the best! The food is absolutely delicious, full of flavor, and consistant. We were regulars until we moved to PA. Now, when we are back in the area we make it a point to eat there. The service is excellent and the restaurant is spotlessly clean. The owners are extremely nice and gracious. If you live in the area or are visiting, don't miss this restaurant. I strongly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baldwin, New York
“Amazingly good service ..... attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm amazed at the previous reviewer who wrote that the service was sub-standard. My colleague and I were on a business trip this past week. He requires a completely gluten-free diet and must be careful, not only of every ingredient, but cross-contamination as well. After checking the local celiac disease website, we drove to China Pavillion and found both the service and the food to be excellent. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and how the dishes were prepared. We ordered and the food was served within minutes! I have lived in worked in NYC my entire life. The food was as good as any local Chinese restaurant I have known. We enjoyed our dinner so much my 'gluten free' colleague wanted to return for another helping. We chatted with the owner for some time. He has apparently developed a keen interest in providing a gluten-free menu - just because he cares. He has gone to great lengths to find and order gluten-free ingredients regardless of the cost. In two days, we tasted four or five dishes and they were all delicious. As for me, no sense whatsoever that they were prepared 'gluten free.' The restaurant is attractive, clean.... and, on our next trip to anywhere in Western New York, we will definitely return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Decent Chinese/American Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Generous portions, pleasant service and reasonably priced Chinese food. We had a large family group on this occasion, and the experience was pleasant as well as tasty! The dishes I personally sampled were generally good to very good (very good egg rolls, won-ton soup, good potstickers and sweet and sour shrimp) I would return to this restaurant.

Visited March 2012
Upstate New York
“Authentic Chinese Food, Consistently amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My spouse and I make it a point to visit here once every couple of months at least. We usually order out but recently we decided to visit after making a few errands. China Pavillion is top notch regarding quality of food and consistency. The sevice is typically good although some of their servers are young and relatively inexperienced but enthusiastic nonetheless. The atmosphere is outdated and does not reflect the great food that you will find there. Compared to all other Chinese food restaurants in Syracuse with regard to ingredient quality, this place is second to none. I've ordered several different dishes and all are delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere