“Great food and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 546 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

There is always a long wait at Dominick's, but it's worth the wait. The prime rib special, on the weekend, is HUGE, and very tender. My wife loves the fried Haddock. We never miss eating dessert either.This place is an old school restaurant that serves good food and large portions at inexpensive prices.

Visited April 2013

Perth
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Every time we have drove by Dominick's it always appeared packed, so we decided to try it. What a HUGE disappointment. My boyfriend got the "house special" which was a plate with lasagna, 2 meatballs, a sausage link, raviolis and pasta with sauce. The meatballs were pink in the middle and when we said something to the waitress she said "yeah they sit in a pot in sauce all day and a lot of times the meatballs and sausage are pink in the middle." HELLO that means it's not cooked all the way and you can give someone food poisoning! The raviolis were under cooked..still doughy and the sauce was so acidly tasting. Lastly, I got a salad and ordered blue cheese dressing, I was brought blue cheese crumbles and our waitress never came back to check on us, only to bring us the bill, which I was charged extra for blue cheese crumbles and that wasn't even what I ordered. Never will we go there again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, New York
“Disappointed !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I have been patron's of Dominicks for decades and have enjoyed our visits(although we miss the old days of smaller dining room with those old red booths).Anyway,we visited in early March on a saturday night.The place was busy at about 8:30 pm....waited only a few minutes for table.Seated at table near server station and had to look at tray of dirty dishes right next to us that sat there for about 30 minutes.I realize it was busy but between that and the floor littered with napkins, food etc. it made for a not so pleasant setting for a relaxing dinner.Waiter"Joe" did a very nice job and was very professional.I ordered prime-rib special and my wife ordered the broiled seafood platter.After waiting a little bit the waiter came back and said they were out of prime-rib.I ordered open steak sandwich instead.....asked specifically for med -rare....it came medium at best.My wife said the lobster was tasteless...I agreed.Overall food was sub-par.....really bad table...they shouldn't even have one there. Saving grace was personable and prompt service......I guess I miss the old days of great food in a warm friendly environment......we will go back and give them another try.....hope this isn't a trend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Watertown, NY
“No one does it better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place is incredible from the service to the quality and portion sizes and price it is awesome!!! If you have never eaten here do so soon! The Minestrone soup is beyond good.
Pasta eaters you will have enough for two days here!!!!

Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Bella Bella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you arrive here you feel at home the aroma of the sauces is amazing. Once your seated the magic begins. I like the Italian Coffee it is strong but I have a taste for it my mother in law made strong coffee so I drink in her honor. The Italian Platter is big with large servings of each item.. The meatballs are true Italian with the gentle garlic flavor not overpowering yet enough to let you know thats Italian ! The sauce has always been fully cooked not sour from undercooking . I have dined here many times and never been disapointed .

• Visited December 2012