“Exceptional food, Exceptional service, Exceptional experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Exceptional food, Exceptional service, Exceptional experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was in Syracuse to visit my cousin and made a point to visit this little gem. We of course ordered the Reuben fritters were probably one of the best things i've ever eaten. They were simply amazing! Loved that they also had Magner's Irish Hard Cider as you can't normally find that. Our waiter was wonderful and Schmoozed us all into giving him a good tip but he deserved it! Didn't realize the owners were from KilKenney which made it even cooler. When I asked my waiter what a certain word in Gaelic meant he had the owners write it on my "To-Go" box. Exceptional food, exceptional service, and an exceptional experience!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Horseheads, New York
“Irish Experience at its Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in Syracuse for and appointment. Decided to eat in downtown area called Armory Square. Very nice area for shopping and eating. Can't wait to go back again. Because of my Irish ancestry I looked for a Irish Restaurant and it was very easy. I found Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub and Restaurant and I am glad I did. The experience was excellent. The menu was loaded with plenty of traditional Irish Pub & Restaurant offerings. The decor was very interesting and pleasant to look at. I had a specialty called Irish Meatloaf. It was featured in Diners, Drive-in's, and Dives on the Food Network show. My had a salad made to order just for her. Wish I could be there for Saint Patrick's Day.
I would recommend it to anyone for the experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
se ct
“This was fun with daughter & college friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I opted to hit Kitty Hoynes - I have to be honest - after I caught Triple D and saw the "Irish Cannonballs," aka Reuben Fritters. They sounded like something well worth trying, and any menu with these had to be at least a little fun and interesting. Well, it was partly true.

The place is cute and the scotch and whiskey lists more than adequate. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, for the most part. The food was fine. Nothing outstanding, except, of course, the cannonballs. My husband's fish and chips were "fine" ... That was sort of the prevailing statement. My lamb stew was okay. The lamb was VERY well cooked as far as the basic prep, but the salt level in the dish was borderline offensive. It actually seriously detracted from what would otherwise have been a wonderful dish.

I'm not sure if the crab dip went mostly uneaten because we were eating the cannonballs, or because the chips were too bland or again, the dip was a little too salty. It was just okay.

If you're going for a bar dinner, this is good but not great. Service was good, scotch sour needs more kick. That said, you want to chill with a beer and great appetizer, stop in for the Reuben Fritters - you will not be disappointed.

Wilmington, NC
“Great Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here in years but was in town on business so it was a must stop. Great atmosphere and friendly service. They were rubbing a monthly price fix menu with a choice of appetizers, entree and dessert. I ordered the broccoli and cheddar soup, Irish steak and cheesecake dessert. All were very good although the potatoes came out Luke warm. A few pints of Guinness topped off the meal. Only wished my favorite Irish band, Old Friends were playing that night. If you love Ireland than this is a pub you must visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westmoreland, NY
“Warm Pub Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped in to Kitty's while we were on our way home and enjoyed it thoroughly! They have a great variety of Irish whiskeys, and lots of hearty beers on tap. Smithwicks & Harp were our choices. The bartender, Shane, was knowledgeable and so friendly we had a great time. Lovely wood throughout, and many smiles from the staff. Rugby was on the television and we all enjoyed the game!

Visited February 2013