“This was fun with daughter & college friends” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
se ct
“This was fun with daughter & college friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I opted to hit Kitty Hoynes - I have to be honest - after I caught Triple D and saw the "Irish Cannonballs," aka Reuben Fritters. They sounded like something well worth trying, and any menu with these had to be at least a little fun and interesting. Well, it was partly true.

The place is cute and the scotch and whiskey lists more than adequate. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, for the most part. The food was fine. Nothing outstanding, except, of course, the cannonballs. My husband's fish and chips were "fine" ... That was sort of the prevailing statement. My lamb stew was okay. The lamb was VERY well cooked as far as the basic prep, but the salt level in the dish was borderline offensive. It actually seriously detracted from what would otherwise have been a wonderful dish.

I'm not sure if the crab dip went mostly uneaten because we were eating the cannonballs, or because the chips were too bland or again, the dip was a little too salty. It was just okay.

If you're going for a bar dinner, this is good but not great. Service was good, scotch sour needs more kick. That said, you want to chill with a beer and great appetizer, stop in for the Reuben Fritters - you will not be disappointed.

Wilmington, NC
“Great Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here in years but was in town on business so it was a must stop. Great atmosphere and friendly service. They were rubbing a monthly price fix menu with a choice of appetizers, entree and dessert. I ordered the broccoli and cheddar soup, Irish steak and cheesecake dessert. All were very good although the potatoes came out Luke warm. A few pints of Guinness topped off the meal. Only wished my favorite Irish band, Old Friends were playing that night. If you love Ireland than this is a pub you must visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Westmoreland, NY
“Warm Pub Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped in to Kitty's while we were on our way home and enjoyed it thoroughly! They have a great variety of Irish whiskeys, and lots of hearty beers on tap. Smithwicks & Harp were our choices. The bartender, Shane, was knowledgeable and so friendly we had a great time. Lovely wood throughout, and many smiles from the staff. Rugby was on the television and we all enjoyed the game!

Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Treat!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in Syracuse for a couple of days and didn't want to eat again at the hotel restaurant so I asked for directions to Armory Square. Although there were many establishments to eat at something about this place just caught my eye. Upon entering I was sure I made the right choice. I felt as if I stepped into a place that one would find in Toronto or NYC. The bar and the decor were perfect. I was seated at a very cozy table and promptly waited on. April, my server was very helpful with some of the questions I asked about the menu and beers they had to choose from. I ordered the smoked corned beef sandwich and a cup of the baked onion soup. The sandwich was so tasty I only wish I had to room to finish both halves. It was subtly smoked so it was not off putting. I love the twist with the arugula and the homemade relish on it as well. I only wish I was not there alone as I would have stayed longer and maybe had another pint. Thankfully they had a cab service that they worked with as it was a very cold and windy night so I asked for it to be called. All and all if I was to come to Syracuse again I would definitely try to make this a stop, and I will have no problems recommending this place to others.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great quick service... Great atmosphere... Fantastic food!!! We came here because we had seen great reviews on a TV show, so we thought we'd try it... Sooo happy that we did!

• 5 of 5 stars Food