“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

+1 315-425-0366
Improve this listing
Ranked #152 of 609 Restaurants in Syracuse
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Located in the Middle of Syracuse's iconic Westcott Nation , Serving the best in homemade Middle eastern & Greek food since 1984. We have expaned to have a full bar , 6 Tv to watch your and our favorite Syracuse University Sports ! Serving Vegan & Gluten free items on our Menu. And useing our dance floor and stage all weekend long to entertain till 2 am. Thur Trivia at 7:30 always looking for new teams , Fri and sat Belly dance scheduled ( please like our facebook page for exact times and days ) also local musicians playing on our stage And SALSA Saturday night 10 pm
Upstate NY
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

For being the first and only middle eastern restaurant I've been to so far, I have nothing to compare it with but I'd say the food is pretty decent, and plentiful. Friendly waitstaff, nice music. Only thing I'd say against it is it is always dark inside, day or night..enough to give it a depressive air, and the seats are dingy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Syracuse, NY
“Good but could be MUCH better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went to Munjed's the other day with a friend. I had the gyro. I wasn't that hungry so I took half my sandwich home. While home, I noticed the meat was in no way meat, well, not in the traditional way. It was more like a meatloaf type meat, mushy, not meat cut off a roast. It was touted as being beef and lamb. Very disappointing and won't be having that again. My friend had a spanakopita which had a funny after-taste to it. I usually LOVE spanakopita, but not their's, sorry. The waitress was very friendly and attentive as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Hits and Misses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've been going to Munjed's for years. On our last visit, we experienced very good food as always, friendly but incredibly slow service, and an appallingly filthy bathroom. Which begs the question: If they allow the bathroom -- a public space -- to look that awful, what must the kitchen look like?

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Healthy and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Everything is made fresh daily....and it's delicious. Owner is warm and friendly and it's got a nice vibe to it.

Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Greek/Middle Eastern restaurant is flawless. The small, cozy room is well decorated and soft middle eastern music lulls the patrons into a peaceful ambiance that sets the perfect stage for the transporting experience of the food. I think the mousaka is the best to be found in Syracuse and the hummus is second to none. The charred pita, falafel and spanikopita are reliable enough to take out of towners, fussy friends and Greek relatives with confidence. I loved the meal - and I suspect anyone - even non-fans - will find the tastes and smells exhilarating and satisfying. We're believers!

• Visited November 2012