“Not for everyone” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 618 Restaurants in Syracuse
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Massachusetts
“Not for everyone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went here for a corporate event, probably not the best choice for the event. A friend said she was glad I was with her otherwise she was afraid to go in and would have gone home, tough crowd here. We were in an upstairs room which was difficult to find and not what we expected but I somewhat blame the person planning the event.

The food was outstanding, ribs were great. Totally enjoyed the food part of the trip but not sure if I would ever return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Central New Yorker
“I wish had a motorcycle and a tatoo...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is one of the rare places in Syracuse (and in their other locations) that offer a unique experience with wonderful comfort food.
The pulled pork sandwich is awesome....everything on the menu is perfect. Don't expect a quiet meal but rather an experience. Reminds me of Primanti Bros. and Fatheads in Pittsburgh!

Visited January 2013
Arab, Alabama
“This place is in NY?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was recently in Syracuse visiting family and they suggested we stop at the Dinosaur BBQ for lunch. Now...I live in rural Alabama and it's pretty hard to impress me with a BBQ joint, but this was family so I bit my tongue and went on in. I was floored! The ribs were as good as anything I've had. The meat was tender and came off the bone easily without being mushy, the sauce was terrific and the sides were just outstanding! I cant comment on the pulled pork or the brisket as we all went for the ribs, but if they are on a par with the ribs...
Reasonable prices and a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I have a feeling it might be a little noisy when the place fills up, but for lunch it was perfect!

• Visited January 2013
Finger Lakes
“Great food, cool restaurant, chill music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

For my husband's birthday, we went to a Syracuse University basketball game and went to the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que later in the evening for dinner. It was a Wednesday. Usually if we go out to dinner late on a week night we know to keep our expectations low. NOT SO AT The Dinosaur Bar-B-Que grill.

It was a bitter cold night but the restaurant was warm, smelled great, was clean, even the bathroom (which is a pet peeve of mine). There weren't a ton of diners. The waitress was relaxed and friendly. I LOVED the music and wish I had written down the artists.

Our food was awesome, and we were so full we took home leftovers. The waitress asked if my husband wanted a dessert for his birthday, we declined as we were stuffed, so she had him choose one to go. She was soooo nice.

We've eaten at the Rochester Dino, and at the NYS fair, but the Syracuse restaurant took the cake. We got platters with a little bit of everything meat, and sides of beans (my favorite) and collard greens, which we really enjoyed.

We hung out listening to the music for quite a bit. It was the nicest night out, and live acoustic music, in a cool setting...thank you thank you thank you Dino Grill, you guys made my husband's birthday perfect!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brockville, Canada
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had heard great things about this restaurant but BBQ can be iffy...too salty, over the top smokiness, etc. Pleased to say the food at Dinosaur BBQ was excellent. The meat on the ribs was fall off the bone tender, the brisket well trimmed and the chicken juicy. The BBQ sauce was a perfect blend of flavour and did not overwhelm on either the salt/smoke scale. The sides were great too. Coleslaw, french fries and spicy creamed corn were all fresh and flavourful. The atmosphere laid back and casual and the staff friendly and efficient.

Visited January 2013