“Always Happy to Return, my favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Stillwater, New York
“Always Happy to Return, my favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

There isn’t much I can say about the meal and service at Delmonico’s in Syracuse other than fantastic. I love the Delmonico special steak at this place, I can’t say enough good things, great flavor for the price and great price for the quality. My steak was cooked perfectly, salad was a good mix, warm bread and pasta cooked perfectly, I never get tired of Delmonico’s. My son wanted chicken parm since he is a fussy eater and while it was not on the menu, the waitress said no problem we can do it, and it was delicious also. My wife order soup but when it was too spicy for her, not an issue and they took it off the bill. They know how to manage a restaurant and the wait staff is very pleasant and prompt. Again, I can’t say enough for this small chain, I have visited almost all of them and they are spot on. If you like steak, if you like Italian, I suggest you visit one of their locations. Consistently good food and good service. They do not take reservations but do have call ahead seating, plan on waiting on Friday or Saturday nights. All of their restaurants are handicap accessible.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lived up to its reputation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

A nice dinner - great menu, friendly staff, good food. Nice atmosphere and music. Deserts tempting especially cappuccino pie! Would visit again!

Montebello, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The food. The service. The ambiance...A++

We were hesitant to eat here because we saw the most recent review but the other reviews were great so thankfully we tried it.

First, we had the most wonderful attendant, Olivia, who gave us little background on the restaurant, decor and menu. The perfect blend of helpful yet not overbearing/upselling. Well, it was delicious. Absolutely delicious. I think next time we will not order so much because the desserts looked so good but we were full from the appetizers and main course. I had a filet mignon cooked to perfection. Ahhh, and the mushrooms!

This is a great place for either a big celebration (graduation maybe?) or even an intimate dinner for 2-4. No matter what you are looking for, you will find it here.

Again, thanks to Olivia who treated us special! See you again next time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place is overpriced. The food we got both times had to be sent back because it was cold. The servers were very rude. Save your money and go to Scotch and Sirloin.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
bethesda, md
“Huge portions and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My son attends Syracuse University and we had heard about this restaurant, and finally tried it during this visit. We called ahead for a reservation, but still had to wait about 20 minutes. Once seated the wait staff were friendly, but the restaurant was very busy, so we did have to flag our waitress down a few times for drink refills, but simply because she was busy, not because she was standing around ignoring us.
The food was good and the portions were huge - which was a plus since my son could take the leftovers back to his apartment. I can't imagine anyone eating an entire portion. We could have easily split a salad and entree. While not cheap, I would consider it reasonably priced for the amount of food you receive.
Note that if you are a strict vegetarian you will have a very limited menu, but they do have a gluten free menu!

• Visited April 2014