“Would go again” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New Hartford, New York
“Would go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had never been to a PF Changs prior to our recent visit. I made reservations online a few days ahead since I knew Saturday nights are very busy at Destiny USA. I'm certainly glad we did since they were telling folks it was a 2.5 hour wait! We only waited about 10 minutes since we had the reservation. The service was excellent! Obviously, the restaurant was very, very busy but our waitress couldn't have been more attentive or pleasant. The food was pretty good. The best was the tuna appetizer. I had pad Thai , it wasn't the best I've had but tasty nonetheless. I thought the prices were reasonable compared to the other restaurants in that area of the mall. We would definitely return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“4 stars for great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped by the PF Chang restaurant in the Carousel Mall, Syracuse on our way back from NYC to Rochester. I noted that there was a certificate when you enter indicating Zagat's gave PF Chang the "Best Full Service Restaurant in the US". My wife and I wondered/discussed on what that was based? We soon found out. We ordered drinks and the Crispy Green Beans. They delivered this and took our order for dinner. We were not pleasantly surprised that the Crispy Green Beans were heavily battered (not the tempura-style we were used to). The waitress checked on us and we casually asked her if the recipe has changed, but she wasn't sure. She did ask if we would like to send them back or get something else. We already ate several pieces (after removing the batter) and the dipping sauce is always so good. Within minutes, the manager (Joel) came by to ask about the beans and offered to replace them as well. He offered apologies and said he was going to check with the kitchen. Understand...all this for a appetizer! We very much enjoyed our entrees and our server was very attentive. We ordered a Beef Lo Mein to go and was told we should get it in a few minutes. Then, our server said that they had to remake it because it was burned. Several minutes later, Joel (the manager) came by to personally deliver the Lo Mein, again apologized for the delay and comp'ed the Lo Mein, too! We didn't ask. We didn't cajole. Just someone who is putting Customer Service above all else - or, at least, that's what we came away with. So, long story short, I think that's how you get Zagat's "Best Full Service Restaurant in the US" award. A LOT of other restaurants could learn from this...

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CNY
“Not worth the price or the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped in Sunday afternoon with the kids for lunch. We had wanted to try the place since it appeared in Destiny, but did not want a long wait for a table. So a Sunday afternoon seemed like a good time to go. True, we were immediately seated, no wait. Our waitress was friendly and came to our table for the drink order soon after we sat. We decided to just put in our entire order right then and there- he kids were very hungry and we wanted to get the order in ASAP. My son's wonton soup came out quickly. It was very tasty and filled with a lot of nice tidbits. However, things went downhill fast from there!! Let the waiting begin!! The place was busy, but not full (some empty tables). Our main entrees did not come for almost an hour!!! Finally, when they did arrive, my entrée was no where to be found. Our waitress came by to ask if we needed anything else, and I was like, "YES, my food!" She apologized and it was brought out soon after. Now for the food itself. Truly disappointing. My son and I had two different chicken dishes and really, they could have been one and the same taste-wise. And there were nothing but battered lumps of chicken in sauce- not one vegetable to break up the monotony of flavor. I also had a side of garlic spinach- it tasted so burnt (like fireplace burnt) I had to spit it out! My daughters dumplings were ok, nothing special. The best dish was my husband's pad thai. The ladies room had NO toilet paper in any of the 3 stalls.
Really, I did not expect gourmet from a mall restaurant, but this was bad on so many levels. And in the end, very pricey for lunch!! (They do not serve the lunch menu on Sundays...beware!)
Would not go back again....do yourself a favor and buy a PF Chang's frozen dinner entrée at the grocery. It will be a lot cheaper, not burnt, and no doubt you have toilet paper!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Lunch fail”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to this location for lunch after shopping with the kids. Had never been to a P.F Chang's before and am not likely to return. Fisrt, you are paying a premium for the name. Second, our order was dismally slow. Third, our scezwan beef was burnt. Lastly, we had ordered two kids meals, chicken fried rice. Adults were served our soup and appetizers but nothing for the kids until the nain course which took almost an hour from the time we ordered. They really should have brought out the kids plates first. The waiter appologized for the long wait before we even complained, but there's no excuse for bringing me a burnt stirfry. To be fair, they did knock some stuff off of our bill, but what should have been a quick lunch with the kids turned into a 1.5 hour ordeal. Not what I expect when going out for what should be better than the food court.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Homer, New York
“I could have been handled better....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We enjoyed a day of shopping and dining out at the Destiny USA Mall with the family we had our reservation at PFC;s. The noise level in the canyon section of the Mall was loud. The meals are always well prepared and presented at this place, and this was no exception. We started w/ the waiter suggested Lettuce Wraps and also choose the Spring Rolls; both were enjoyed. This was followed in a timely manner by dishes of chicken, beef and vegetables that were shared and enjoyed by all 8 of us.
Before the meals came the waitress was removing the sauce from the Lettuce Wraps and was bumped by another waitress and spilled considerable amounts of the sauce on one of the ladies at our table. She and the other waitress immediately apologized and cleaned up the mess on the chair, floor and back of the customer blouse. Having been in many restaurants and seen many incidents this one was not handled well. The manager should have appeared immediately, but NEVER was seen or approached us.
Therefore, I thought I would give the P.F.Chang's management a primer in Management 101. Any incident in your restaurant REQUIRES your presence to access the situation. You MUST be there to express your companies concerns and in this case an apology. Where there is some damage (in this case a blouse and possibly slacks) you should offer some compensation; such as a free dessert or offer to replace some drinks. Other options (based on your compassion and/or company policies) comp the meal, offer to pay for dry cleaning or at least a coupon for the next meal..
However, none of this happened. So I'm writing to inform the customers who read this that the P.F. Chang's customer relations policies are not in the customers favor and it therefore requires that you been more aggressive to receive your "just desserts". I know I will be!!!

• Visited August 2013