“Very Dissapointing Food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Very Dissapointing Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was excited to try the New PF Chang's in Syracuse, as I have eaten a Pei Wei's in the past and enjoyed it. I must say, the decor was very nice and the atmosphere and servers were great, but the food on the other hand was extremely dissapointing. We ordered three appetizers: The Vegetarian lettuce wraps, Tuna Tataki crisps, and the Crab wontons. The lettuce wraps were very bland and needed serious helpings of the "side-sauce", not horrible by any means but really no flavor. The Tuna tataki should have been fantastic, and they sure did look it, but again, a complete lack of seasoning and salt. My friend did enjoy her crab wontons.
My main dish - was really awful and unfortunately I did end up sending it back ( which I really hate doing ) but I literally could not eat it.
The description was: STIR-FRIED EGGPLANT
"Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and scallions" It sounded delicious but what I got were small chunks of fried eggplant, swimming in a very dark brown, thick sauce, which tasted like reduced and thickened soy sauce and nothing else..
My friends dish- SICHUAN SCALLOPS were decent and cooked well but very sweet- more like a sweet and sour scallop in an orange-ish glaze.
Overall I was very dissapointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Point Rock, NY
“Good, as expected, but perhaps some opening troubles.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to this PF Changs the first Sunday after their Monday grand opening for lunch. It was already pretty crowded just before noon. We sat at the about half full bar. There were three bartenders and they were good. This Changs is different as it does not have an open kitchen that is usually behind the bar. This means that the food gets brought to the bar by one of the waiters. Every time that a meal was brought out to the bar area (we saw this about ten times) there was confusion on which customer it went to. Meals we brought to two or three different tables before the "owner" was found. The staff did not seem to have (or didn't know it yet) a system to match orders with tables. We saw on appetizer get sent back three times for not being either correct or not hot. Then we saw one table of six call for the manager and seemed to be having issues with waiting over an hour and then getting cold food. We did wait for a much longer time than usual to get our meals, but they were fine when we got them. I expect that these are "opening" issues and will be fixed quickly.

• Visited December 2012