“Trustworthy Personnel and Incredible Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport

You added Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5414 South Bay Road, Town of Salina, Syracuse, NY 13212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Trustworthy Personnel and Incredible Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

"Above & Beyond Customer Service' was provided me Tuesday morning, March 4, 2014 that helped me in a time of need.

I am a crew member and I had the unfortunate scare of leaving my wallet in my hotel room at this hotel and didn't realize such until I was physically on the aircraft and readying for departure. I quickly called the hotel, Megan at the front desk took the call and sent Dawnisha to my room to check to see if it was there. She called me back to let me know that they indeed had found my wallet in my room and that they would send the van driver (David) to the airport with it. My Captain went to get my wallet thus making the flight depart within the proper time slot.

I just wanted you to know not only the great exemplary acts, but the kind trustworthy efforts of this hotel and it's employees in getting my wallet back to me. Honesty in returning such a valuable item to it's owner is so important in this business and I wanted everyone to know just how much I appreciate their kindness.

My deepest thanks to all involved and for turning what would have been a very time consuming & costly oversight into a reason to be thankful for the goodness that these employees showed still remains in the world today. To me, this makes this property a FIVE STAR.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Novelart,

Thank you for your kind words. We have a great (and honest) staff here at the hotel. We are happy to hear that our team was able to get you your wallet in a timely manner before you had to leave on your flight. It sounds like every layer of the hotel worked together to make this happen, and that's wonderful news to General Manager. We look forward to seeing you when you should happen to overnight in Syracuse again. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and our team members !

Edward Buczek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am in town on Business and stay 200+ nights in a hotel , To many night to write reviews so i only write when something stands out
Marissa Claire was awsome and why i am write the review
Candlewood suites are always a great choice
this hotel is clean looks like it is new,

Dear PJM235,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. We try and make the hotel as fresh as possible for every guest and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the accommodations. We look forward to having you stay with us should you return to the Syracuse area in the future.

Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

MIke is the best shuttle driver i have ever had and the front desk agent Marissa D was very professional and made me feel very welcomed! Good to know theres still good people in this world! Two thumbs up and a 5 star hotel! Clean and comfy!

Dear TellyB,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the interactions you had with our staff members. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Can't stress enough how great the customer service was at this hotel; especially Marissa D. A dear friend was traveling to Syracuse and just had travel delay after travel delay. I reached out to the hotel to see if there was something I could arrange to have at the hotel for when my friend arrived. Marissa bent over backwards to make sure that my friend was well taken care of with a welcome bag, some homemade cookies, and a note from me. It may not sound like it was a lot, but she bent over backwards to make 2 people very satisfied. My friend also said how nice everything was upon arrival and that they catered to his every need. The room was spacious and clean and it really helped to salvage this horrible travel day...by having people that actually cared about his well-being. Marissa D., you rock! Thank you for everything and when he (or I) are back in the area, we will definitely be staying with you. Most people complain when something isn't right, however, I feel that it is very important to compliment when something is outstanding. Thank you, Marissa D!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear JBrenz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were very happy to take care of your friend and the special touches you asked for. I am glad to hear that they are enjoying their room and the amenities that we provide. We look forward to having you or your friend back in the future shall you ever travel to Syracuse again. Thanks again for the glowing review !!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was on my way into town for a business meeting tonight and was very turned around on my way. I looked up the number and called the hotel for directions. I was warmly geeted by a Merissa who informed me I was actually in the wrong part of Syracuse for the Candlewood where my reservation was booked. I told her I was sitting in the parking lot of a C and S Companies and she advised me I was very close to her hotel but about 12 minutes away from my destination. She patiently gave me turn by turn directions and even offered to stay on the phone with me until I got to Baptist Way. If my other associates were not already in the other hotel I would have stayed with you just by the professionalism and patience I was shown. I was so impressed that she went out of her way even though I was not going to be a guest at her hotel. I had to mention this for future travelers as I know most times it is only the bad reviews people tend to pass on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Diane G,

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback regarding the level of customer service you received when you called our hotel. We hope when you come to Syracuse again, you stay with us and let us show you that customer service isn't the only thing we do well here ! We look forward to seeing you in the future !

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had a wonderful stay here at Candelwood Suites thanks to Marissa Z., and Alex. They were very friendly, and helped my colleagues and I to get situated, locate and get to the various dining establishments in the area. They also proved to be very personable, and provided a wonderful reception.

-Luca

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Luca-

Thank you for the glowing review. I am glad to hear that you were able to try one of our favorite local restaurants. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future !

Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I booked a night stay using points prior to a flight out of syracuse. The staff were all friendly, and my stay was great. The hotel appears to be much older than I would have thought. The interior fixtures were very dated, but everything was still in very good condition. The airport shuttle driver was waiting for me when I checked out and was also very friendly. I will use them again if I need a preflight hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Shockwave 7_7,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know what you liked about your stay. The hotel is starting some renovations this year starting with the soft seating in all of our rooms and a all new lobby area. We hope you come back and see us the next time you may be flying out of the Syracuse Airport. Safe Travels.

Edward Buczek

Been to Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!