“Would choose another hotel over this one” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport

Save Saved
You added Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5414 South Bay Road, Town of Salina, Syracuse, NY 13212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Would choose another hotel over this one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

While staff was friendly and shuttle efficient, I thought the room looked a little dingy and the beds were small and uncomfortable. Parking was convenient, but for the price, I think there are much better places to stay park and fly in Syracuse. No breakfast included or available. Lobby looks messy and unprofessional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Recently Retired-

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and efficient. I am sorry that you found the beds to be uncomfortable, with all mattresses it comes down to personal preference as to what you find comfortable and uncomfortable. Although we do not offer a complimentary breakfast we do have breakfast items available for purchase in our Candlewood Cupboard. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Northborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling on winter vacation.

The Good:

-Reasonable price
-Polite and helpful service
-Convenient location - To both I-81 and the NYS Thruway - also lots of restaurants and other retail shops close by.
-Clean pleasant lobby

The Bad:

-Room was a somewhat dated
-Bed was small and uncomfortable
-Sleeper sofa had a thin uncomfortable mattress

Overall it served its purpose very well and I wouldn't hesitate to to stay here again. It is definitely a value hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Miusa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and location.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed and the sleeper sofa. We will address these points. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Marissa went totally above and beyond anything her job title holds for responsibilty with helping me and my family getting my mother situated in her room for weeks to come. It's a real good feeling to know she'll be there ready to help in any way she can. A true asset to Candlewood Suites. If she's not promoted to Management duties soon, then somebody in management now, is not doing their job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We chose this location because it was close to the airport and this hotel did not disapoint us. With in a mile from the airport and prompt service made it a great stay. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

However their cleaning staff need some training.

We stayed at the hotel one night and found the facility suffecient and the staff very friendly. The desk staff were very nice and the airport shuttle drivers were very friendly. We were able to leave our car at the hotel for $5.00 a night while we were on vacation in Florida. The hotel is close to the airport and so for those reasons alone I would stay at this hotel again.

However like i mentioned above the cleaning staff need some refresher training.

The bathtub may not have been cleaned for several days. First thing in the am while getting ready to leave for the airport I discovered a ring around the bathtub and many long black hairs still in the bathtub. I'm not a fn of other people's hair especially in the bathtub I am about to use.

The dirt ring arpund the tub was an issue as well.

Other than that I would stay there again. Perhaps this was a one-off issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk staff and location.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping. We will address this points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Asheville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The people were nice, but the decor was very worn. Our room felt dirty. There were stains on the upholstery and there was a water ring mark from a cup on our side table. I do not recommend this hotel as there are plenty other to choose from that will surely be cleaner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Georgia B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you felt the cleanliness of the hotel was lacking. I apologize for the water mark on your side table in the room as this must have been missed during the inspection of your room. We take all comments good or bad and use them as training tool for the staff. I am glad that you thought the staff was nice and accomidating as that is what we strive for. Thank you again for your comments.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came here to stay over a four day business trip. I am a platinum member of IHG so I stay in quite a few of their brand each year. Keep in mind you aren't staying at the Ritz, but then again, there is nothing wrong with this place. I find it hard to believe the terrible reviews that this hotel received. The hotel is very clean, the staff is very welcoming. I came in a little after midnight and the desk person asked if he could help me get my luggage, if I needed anything, etc. It's an easy straight shot for the most part from the airport (about 1 1/2 miles) and easy access to get on the interstate (81 is less than 1/2 mile away). It could use some modernizing, but again, you aren't at the Ritz. It is very comfortable and when you stay more than one night, that is important. It is very close to several fast food places, several sit down restaurants like Applebees. If you are staying long term, there is a grocery store called I believe Tops which the easiest way to get to is straight through the McDonald's parking lot which is right across from the hotel. I stayed in a suite on the first floor. If you stay, see if you can get a room toward the 30's (129, 229, etc.) the reason is, there is a door right there by the rooms that you can pop straight out to your car instead of running through the lobby. If you are working here such as construction, there is also a side lot where the above rooms look out on to your truck so you can keep an eye on things. The hotel has a very nice laundry room in the hotel with multiple washer and dryers that look pretty new. The workout room isn't the best but it will fit your needs. The suite was fully stocked with plates, etc. and enough pans to survive with. All were new and clean. Furniture was also clean as was the bathroom. Adequate number of towels, etc. Bed wasn't the best but if you work all day, it is comfortable enough that you won't notice it. Plenty of closet space if you are traveling with a family. My room had a pull out couch and separate bedroom. There is also a small dining like table in the room and a nice workstation. If you are staying long term in this area, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As indicated, rooms like 129, 229, etc., give easy access to the outside by a side door, are just do...