“Nice people but poor cleanliness” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport

Save Saved
You added Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5414 South Bay Road, Town of Salina, Syracuse, NY 13212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 31 hotels in Syracuse
Asheville
“Nice people but poor cleanliness”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The people were nice, but the decor was very worn. Our room felt dirty. There were stains on the upholstery and there was a water ring mark from a cup on our side table. I do not recommend this hotel as there are plenty other to choose from that will surely be cleaner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Georgia B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you felt the cleanliness of the hotel was lacking. I apologize for the water mark on your side table in the room as this must have been missed during the inspection of your room. We take all comments good or bad and use them as training tool for the staff. I am glad that you thought the staff was nice and accomidating as that is what we strive for. Thank you again for your comments.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came here to stay over a four day business trip. I am a platinum member of IHG so I stay in quite a few of their brand each year. Keep in mind you aren't staying at the Ritz, but then again, there is nothing wrong with this place. I find it hard to believe the terrible reviews that this hotel received. The hotel is very clean, the staff is very welcoming. I came in a little after midnight and the desk person asked if he could help me get my luggage, if I needed anything, etc. It's an easy straight shot for the most part from the airport (about 1 1/2 miles) and easy access to get on the interstate (81 is less than 1/2 mile away). It could use some modernizing, but again, you aren't at the Ritz. It is very comfortable and when you stay more than one night, that is important. It is very close to several fast food places, several sit down restaurants like Applebees. If you are staying long term, there is a grocery store called I believe Tops which the easiest way to get to is straight through the McDonald's parking lot which is right across from the hotel. I stayed in a suite on the first floor. If you stay, see if you can get a room toward the 30's (129, 229, etc.) the reason is, there is a door right there by the rooms that you can pop straight out to your car instead of running through the lobby. If you are working here such as construction, there is also a side lot where the above rooms look out on to your truck so you can keep an eye on things. The hotel has a very nice laundry room in the hotel with multiple washer and dryers that look pretty new. The workout room isn't the best but it will fit your needs. The suite was fully stocked with plates, etc. and enough pans to survive with. All were new and clean. Furniture was also clean as was the bathroom. Adequate number of towels, etc. Bed wasn't the best but if you work all day, it is comfortable enough that you won't notice it. Plenty of closet space if you are traveling with a family. My room had a pull out couch and separate bedroom. There is also a small dining like table in the room and a nice workstation. If you are staying long term in this area, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As indicated, rooms like 129, 229, etc., give easy access to the outside by a side door, are just do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The beds and bedding were second to none and it was nice and quiet, so we had a great sleep. The location was very convenient. There was a fitness room, but we were so tired from shopping, we did not use it. Although there was not a "breakfast included", there was a few free breakfast items available, as well as coffee/tea, etc. We were offered a free newspaper.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Otis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Canada. The night we stayed it had snowed about 1 foot overnight. When I went to check out in the morning I was greeted by a member of the staff who asked me where my vehicle was. This person then followed me out to my car and then proceeded to shovel it off for me. He then called another member of the staff with a snow blower who blew the snow from the front and side of my car. I travel a lot on my job and I have to say that this was EXCEPTIONAL service. Bravo to the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gananoque, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a great hotel with a wonderful location close to everything. The staff is head over heals compaired to other hotels in the area. Thank you Nancy Miller for the easy and fast reservation. I also want to say I have never seen a more professional and polite person working the front desk. Marissa went over and above to make our stay in room 101 Dec 1st was as comfortable as possible. Great person to be the first one you talk as you arrive for your stay. Our family will be back.

Thanks
Blake Richardson
Gananoque, Ontario Canada

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel! Location is excellent, rooms were nice in size, never been any where with a more heart warming staff, it seems as they even are a family themselves. We came up from NJ to get out of harms way from hurricane Sandy, the 2 girls at the desk were very reassuring that they (hotel) were fully prepared for the storm, which nice to be set at ease. They made nice warm cookies each night and had a cute little pantry for snacks. May not be the most modern hotel but we weren't on vacation in Disney or even a city where your paying $350 a night for a room. I loved this place it was 3 nights of a home away from home, very relaxed and most accommodating! A++

• Stayed October 2012
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Excellent location for using the airport or for Canadians coming for shopping. Located just off the airport exit on I-81 and one exit north of the interchange with I-90 toll highway for Canadians to take to Waterloo premium outlet mall (worth it). It is also 3 exits away from the Destiny USA mall for more shopping.
The suite was spacious with separate bedroom. The living room has a pullout sofabed and comfortable chair plus keg rest. Large table,full fridge, microwave, dishwasher and 2 burner stove. Two 32" flat screen TV's with good channel selection.
The bathroom was average size with good shower head.
Free Parking. Free newspaper.
Free WiFi internet in the suite however take note we had 3 iPhones with us, one connected with no problem. The second connected but later lost the connection and would not reconnect. The third would not connect. Reception confirmed that there are difficulties with Apple products.
The sofabed when opened had no linen, blankets or pillows. They were not in the closet either but reception supplied them all and apologized.
Marissa at reception was very helpful and courteous. She supplied us with restaurant information in the surrounding area as well as excellent directions.
No breakfast however there is a McDonalds across the street and for Canadians a Tim Hortons with a limited menu but excellent coffee.
The only negative was we found a dirty kleenex between the bed and bedside table that could easily be missed by the cleaning staff. Also one face cloth had 2 stains on it but there was so many other towels to use. The bedroom/living room/kitchen otherwise was very clean The manager had a letter included with the checkout to talk to him if anything was not a 10. We didn't.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is very comfortable. Check the sofabed and closets early for linens if you int...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!