“A pleasant surprise for a mall restaurant...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“A pleasant surprise for a mall restaurant...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recently visited Syracuse for a weekend shopping trip. This is our second visit to this restaurant and it was just as enjoyable as the first. We ordered a selection of appetizers and sushi. The avocado salad is delicious and very reasonable (~$5). The appetizer seared tuna was also delicious. The selection of sushi we ordered was on par with other restaurants I have tried in various cities. The quality of the food was very good as was the presentation. Service was excellent too on both occasions. This is a convenient and great dining option if you are visiting this mall.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Horribl experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

In Syracuse for business, a group of us stumbled upon this place. For the most part the staff was friendly and the food was good. However, we were seated at a grill and it was never turned on. They took our drink order right away followed by our food. So far so good. The Chef comes out about 20 minutes later and the grill is cold. 3 people work at lighting the grill as the food gets carted away. 30 minutes passed and the food comes back out, grill is still cold... They try to light the table again, including the manager now who says " I will take care of you, so sorry for the delay. Another 30 minutes pass and the food comes back out this time the grill works. By now the chef is annoyed and not at all pleasant though he did put on a good show. We have now been here for 2 hours and we are finally eating, note - my food was not made on the grill so my food sat in the back this whole time probably getting cold and reheated. Here is my biggest issue. We get the bill and each of us had $2 taken off of our $60-$70 bills and it was labeled as a military discount, rather insulting to us after all we sat through. I also find it insuling that this is what military personnel are given after all they do. We begin to question the manager and we are told this is the best he can do, he would have to talk to his boss. Rather then calling his boss, he called the cops and forced us to pay the bill including the 18% gratuity that was added on. I can say with certain that I would do anything I can to prevent as many people from visiting this restaurant. I hope this helps....

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Nice atmosphere and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We took a chance and tried this. we were pleasantly surprised. Atmosphere and food was very good. Also it was entertaining.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Central Square, New York
“Falling behind the competition”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The show part of the hibachi dinner was very good. Lots of fun. When were seated, the grill was absolutely filthy! I was ready toleave just seeing that! Dried up food all over it! Chunks of zucchini all over the floor(from the show). Try cleaning up! The portions have become very small. Veggies and rice are cheap, load them up! Wake up call needed to management.
Other hibachi restaurants give you soup and salad. I will stick to PF Changs whereI know the food is great, and the cleanliness is unmatched. There is zero excuse for laziness, and Koto's has become lazy.

syracuse, ny
“Hibachi dinner was entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent dinner tonite (Saturday). We originally had planned to go to Gordon Biersch, but it was so crowded we walked over to Koto's, and were advised a 30 min wait. We managed to find three seats at the bar and grabbed them, the fourth seat was offered by a lone dinner next to us. We enjoyed our wait with drinks, and just at the right time were seated with another group of four at he Hibachi table. Server took our drink order in a reasonable time and then back for our dinner orders. We had the kimchee calamari for an appetizer and it was really good, just a little spicy. Salads were typical of Hibachi dinner places and very good. We had scallops (2) and filet mignon (2) and they were cooked perfectly. The highlight was when the chef said open with for Sake, and I opened my mouth and he squirted as long as I could take it, from a ketchup like bottle. He was very accurate with the Sake. Later on, I actually asked for more Sake, and he delivered again. In summary, the food was really good, service was spot on, and the entertainment was excellent. We will be back again.