“Outstanding customer service and a good value!” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Syracuse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6614 N Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY 13206   |
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
weston, ma
“Outstanding customer service and a good value!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

I've stayed at Red Roof Inns before, and the Syracuse Red Roof was perfectly adequate for my needs (travelling overnight with my dog). There was some construction work going on the roof, and when I expressed concern about the noise, I was told that they don't start until after 9 am and stop by 5 pm. I agree with the other reviewers about the idling truck noise -- this hotel is located on a heavily travelled road with many truck depots nearby, so I requested a room on the quiet side of the road . The bathroom and sink areas were very clean and the room fairly decent. However, they have not upgraded their mattresses, and they were saggy (I stayed in a non-smoking Queen double right next to reception). One complaint: I unexpectadly found two large winged insects (eek!) in the newspapers I was reading in the room, and when I complained, the front desk person was extremely apologetic and asked how she could rectify the situation. I said they could just charge me for the room and they could take care of the room tax which they did without question.
Their customer service is exemplary -- A+++ all around!

• Liked — It was very convenient to the dog show event I was attending.
  • Disliked — The construction work going on and finding a few bugs in the room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

A very pleasant experience. Housekeeping was 100% as was the Front Desk staff. Everyone was friendly and courteous. I made my reservations directly with the hotel and they were very professional and when I arrived everything was in order -- no screw-ups. It is a very good place to stay as a stop over on a trip or for a few days visit in Syracuse. It is by no means a luxurious hotel, but it is clean and well kept. I was VERY happy with the condition of my room and you can't beat it for the money in this city. I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, SPOTLESSLY clean room. Everything worked.
  • Disliked — Near noisy traffic.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn on a trip from Boston to Cleveland.

We checked in after midnight on a weeknight and had no problems with late arrival, although we did call to tell them ahead of time that we would be arriving very late. We were on the second floor, on the same side as the front desk. I had asked for a room on the quiet side of the hotel, and I think we got it, but either way, with the fan going, the noise wasn't bad at all. There is some kind of a large truck parking lot/rest stop right on one side of the property and that made some noise, but, again, with the fan going, it wasn't bad. It certainly did not keep us awake.

Although a nonsmoking room, it did have a smoky kind of smell, but, again, nothing too bad.

The staff were very friendly, and the room was clean. Nothing fancy but worked for a stopover. (The hotel is in a pretty industrial section (Carrier circle) and all the rooms enter from the outside).

We would stop here again on a road trip. It is really close to the highway, and the price just can't be beat. I don't think I'd choose this hotel for an extended stay or vacation.

We ate at the Denny's across the street the following morning and the waitstaff were friendly. There is also a Dunkin Donuts right nearby, so there are plenty of breakfast options (the hotel doesn't offer any).

• Liked — excellent price, close to highway, clean
  • Disliked — views, close to trucking centers
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Elmira, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Beware the noise if you stay on the north side of the hotel. It's right beside the interstate, plus there are a couple other streets that run immediately alongside. We had the AC fan going, plus the bathroom fan, and we still heard the trucks going by. Overall the stay was pleasant, anyway, but if you need a super-quiet room, either request a south room or pick another hotel. We tried the "all-inclusive" thing, to see what it was like, with king bed, microwave & fridge, plus free wireless internet, and while we didn't get our extra $10 worth, if we stayed for more than one night, it would have been worth it.

• Liked — right off the I-90
  • Disliked — too close to the I-90
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Clara, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Roof Inn .The rooms were spacious,clean,and the price was excellent-a very good value. We especially liked all the staff at the desk,they couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful. We asked for good restaurants,how to get to different locations and they were great at answering all our questions. We were originally booked for 1 night stay but decided to stay an extra night and got an upgraded room for only a few dollars more and it was a nicer room with a bit more space,a fridge, and a microwave.We would definately stay at this Inn again.

Stayed March 2008
Hutchinson Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Stayed here for 7 nights from 12-21-07 to 12-28-07. Normally we stay at four or five star resorts but due to budget concerns this trip we opted to stay here based upon reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to report that, although a very basic hotel, it was extremely clean as well as recently updated. We chose the business king room which came with a full sized separate workstation, king bed, microwave, small fridge, and separate dressing/make-up/sink area apart from the bathroom. The colors were invigorating with a royal blue rug with matching blue and red spread and drapes. The bed was fairly comfortable; a little too soft for me. Towels and bedspread were made of cheap material however. The dressing area had a faux granite counter and was very well lit. The walls were freshly painted and they even decorated a bit with pleasant modern pictures and off-setting burnt red walls, as well as oak laminate in the bathroom. The tub had a bow shower rod which was wonderful since I hate curtains that cling. The few complaints I had were that the shower curtain did spell funky and they promptly replaced. There was some noise from the trucks but it didn't bother me; simply turn on the fan or air and it blocks it out. The Staff was very courteous and efficient, maid service excellent. For the price, highly recommended.

• Liked — Cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — Cheap towels
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

A fine motel for a stopover on our trip. Called ahead to confirm late arrival and had no trouble upon 10 p.m. arrival.
Room was clean, not a spacious room but it got the job done. Admittedly didn't spend much time here, but it seemed to be OK. Good value for a weekend ($85 total) during the summer. Would consider staying here again.

• Liked — location near interstate
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn Syracuse? Share your experiences!