“Fine for a Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Northeast USA
“Fine for a Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Clean room, clean bed - was fine for one night. I found the front desk clerk to be very friendly and courteous but somewhat slow with the cash I paid for the room with. I was surprised I didn't receive a receipt for my cash payment ....leads me to wonder why? I was disappointed that no corporate or senior rate was available, other hotels within the same rate range offer those discounts, but I was tired and the hotel had vacancy so I stayed and it was fine. The mattress is a bit stiff, but not terrible. Having a fridge, coffee maker and fixings for tea or coffee in the room was a nice touch! Sure beats Motel 6

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you were happy with your accomodations. As for the discounts, we do normally offer them, however they are closed during special events in the area. So, that may have been why they were not available during your recent stay with us. Also, we do give a full reciept at the time of check out with us for your record keeping. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We always stay at Red Roof Inn when traveling with our dog. It was our first time at this hotel and we found what we were looking for: clean, quiet and affordable hotel.
We always been satisfied with Red Roof... much better than most Motel 6 for pet friendly affordable hotels.
We would even stay there without our dog.
The room was clean, the hotel was quiet all night. The staff was very nice.
We always reserve the Superior King bedroom: for a little extra $, we have a king bed, a microwave and a fridge (if you need it). We think it's worth it.
The location is great for visiting the Syracuse area and the Finger Lakes region and also close to Destiny USA for great shopping.
I would recommend this hotel and would be back when in the Syracuse area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that we were able to meet your lodging needs and your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm starting a new job in Syracuse but didn't have luck finding an apartment before arriving. Red Roof was an inexpensive quick place for me and my cat to stay while I hunted. The staff was very friendly and understanding of my situation. I was disappointed that there wasn't a fridge in my room--I'm diabetic and have insulin with me--but they kept it for me in the office. At a tumultuous time, Red Roof has been an inviting little haven for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us in Syracuse. We are pleased to know that we gave you a comfortable place to stay, while you were relocating to our area. We serve many guests on a daily basis, and it's nice to know when we are doing things right. I will be sure to pass your comments on to my staff, and we do hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Check in was nasty, clerk was arguing with a customer and basically telling them they are not welcome, payment issues, smoking in rooms etc, not a fuzzy warm feeling you want to hear when you arrive.

Our room was gross, the window has never been cleaned, the room smelled of old smoke and dirty water, the blankets were all stained and there was hair on the floor in the bathroom, I looked at my husband and said i want to go home, we went shopping, came back and checked out within two hours of checking in, we drove 5 hours and went home to our clean bed and clean smoke free home, I will never book there again, lesson learned i should of known a 2 start would be sub standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere apologies for the conditions that you experienced during your recent stop at my inn. Comments like yours are not nice to hear, but they help us to focus on the areas that need improving at our inns. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn, and we do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Jackson, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would rather sleep in my car than return to this place. I picked this place because the reviews were decent and we just needed a decent, comfortable place to sleep as we were passing through town.

When we get there we check in and get the keys to our third floor room...and then are told that the elevators are broken. I had just spent 9 hours straight in a car after running a 5K race. I was in no shape to lug all of our baggage up those stairs..I asked if there was a first floor room. Nope, sold out.

After I wrangle my cranky kids out of the car and haul all of our stuff up to the room...the keys don't work. Great. I go all the way back down stairs and the lady at the desk apologizes and gives me the correct room number this time. Back up the stairs I go...kids and bags in tow. Again.

Get in to the room and figure out that the walls are paper thin, the people at the end of the hall were apparently there with people at the other end of the hall and felt the need to just wander back and forth all night. No point in calling to be moved...we'd been down that road already.

Called for room service because I was not about to go down the stairs again only to have no one answer the 800 number they give you.

The bath tub had what, at first, looked like feces streak marks. I'm still not sure what it was. There was also hair all over the bathroom floor.

If it hadn't already been almost midnight by the time we got in...I would've been out of there.

My advice is to pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however they are important to us, for the improvement of our business. At the present time, we are awaiting parts to repair our elevator, and it is beyond our control. I can assure you that this will be corrected as soon as possible. We do strive to give provide our guests with clean and comfortable rooms, and I am very sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn, and we do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Arrived late, left early, good sleep, but no extra's. No Fridge, no coffee maker, no breakfast inlcuded. Good thing Denny's was across the street.

Clean small room, but would not stay there for more than one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the wooden stairs, very noise when people leave at 4 AM.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to know that your room was clean and comfortable. At the present time, we do offer microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers in our Superior King rooms only. We do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future, by trying out one of our Superior King rooms.
Kingston, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the reviews. I don't know which Red Roof Inn they were at but it wasn't this one. We were given he pass cards to room 335. 3 flights up. We went our room. We looked in the windo the room hadn't been cleaned. Young woman at the desk seemed very frustrated. I asked for and was given a refund. Really disappointed. I'll think twice about choosing Red Roof again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
First, let me sincerely apologize for this incident that occurred when you tried to check in to our hotel. There was a miscommunication in regards to the room that you were checked into, and it should not have been available for rent. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn. We dropped the ball, and I am very sorry that this happened to you. I do hope that you will give us a chance to make this right for you, and to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Syracuse? Share your experiences!