“Great Menu” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Syracuse, New York
“Great Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stumbled across this place after a few friends recommended it to me. Honestly, the menu overwhelmed me at first and I just pointed at something that looked safe and 'normal' (the reuben). It was great! The compassionate way they go about creating their food is also something that appeals to me. Nice job, guys!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We only had breakfast here but I liked the vibe, great coffee and vegan cupcake was absolutely delicious, next door to the Crowne Plaza so very convenient. Service was ok and the place had a fun university vibe to it. Will go back next time I"m in Syracuse for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Death Valley National Park, California
“Simple, quick and tasty vegan fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I sought out Strong Hearts while staying in Syracuse, having seen it listed on the Happy Cow website. The menu includes lots of breakfast options, salads, sandwiches and an extensive range of shakes (all vegan!). I got the Malcolm X shake (chocolate and cherry) and a reuben sandwich. The food arrived quickly and was tasty, interesting and VERY filling. Good value and very relaxed atmosphere - don't go if you want a fine dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Best coffee shakes vegan or otherwise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did not know these were vegan shakes when we tried our first one. They are absolutely fantastic - the only problem is that they are addicting. The coffee shake (Che Guevera) is our favorite.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect lunch with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went to Strong Hearts Cafe for lunch today and it was just what we were looking for. Two of us had the Citrus Salad with a yummy dressing served on the side and one person had the portobello salad which she enjoyed very much. We all had unsweetened ice tea and we shared a muffin so lunch was around $25. We were pleased with the portions and the price.
The strong sense of family appreciating" good for you food"is evident at Strong Hearts. It is a welcoming modest cafe with a friendly but not over bearing staff. The server who took our orders and delivered them to us seemed to just appreciate the fact that we had chosen to go there for lunch.
We'll be back.........