“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

315.445.5686
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Koto Japanese Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 546 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thompson & Midler
Hawkesbury, Canada
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose this restaurant to celebrate a special birthday. We were greeted immediately and seated within a few minutes. Pleasant atmosphere and surroundings, our party of 6 enjoyed cocktails and then a wonderful hibachi meal prepared by Jonathan our chef. We had a mixture of grilled lobster, shrimp, filet mignon, veges, noodles and rice. The two children enjoyed the evening very much as did the adults. They have a large menu so definitely I would go back and try some delicious sushi next time. A special birthday cake and song finished the evening with a photograph taken and presented to our birthday girl Kathleen. It is expensive, so good idea to make it a special occasion dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh
“expensive and not delicious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food was not special and expensive for what I ordered. The service was inattentive. We went to the Koto at Destiny USA. The ambience is dark and we felt abandoned.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Didn't know Filet could taste this badly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Decide to splurge on a hibachi filet and this is probably the worst I have ever eaten. Tender but whatever it was sautéed in ruined the flavor of the beef. Stood for several minutes without being greeted and wish I would have left. Server had a friendly smile.

“Awesome Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Good: We are big fans of Koto Steakhouse. Food is absolutely delicious! We have been there several times, and both times we opted not to sit at the grill (because I didn't want food thrown at me lol) but it looks like a lot of fun. Service was great and we like that they take reservations. Several times the manager asked if we needed another round (our waitress was already on it) but I like that level of service. Did I mention the food was fantastic! We will definitely do again.

The Bad: Koto's is an upscale restaurant (not an applebee's). Our bill came to $60+ per person (over $250 for all 4 of us) which I'm perfectly fine with.. BUT Why on earth do they do the silly Birthday singing and clapping? ITS SO ANNOYING to have a whole group of waiters/waitresses in close proximity to your table singing and clapping while you are trying to dine! Like I said, I expect that at an Applebees, not a classy restaurant. It was especially annoying after the 3rd time (seemed like eveyone in the joint was there for a birthday). Also, when the hibashi cooks do a drum solo by banging his spatula's on the grill, it's REALLY loud and distracting. I'm there for a classy dinner with my wife and friends, not to listen to that racket! Also very annoying!! Therefore I deducted 1 star. We will still be back!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“awful customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Despite being an active tripadvisor user for reviews, this is the first time I have felt strongly enough to submit a review. I chose this sushi restaurant on an overnight business trip to Syracuse based on on the happy hour menu. I was shocked when I got my bill without any of the happy hour prices included. Apparently the promotion is only in the bar area, however I was not told about this during my seating. When the manager arrived to discuss the situation, he was very unsympathetic to the misunderstanding. He only slightly adjusted my bill after much hassling, which made me very uncomfortable to have to pressure him into such a resolution. It was truly one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had knowing this was simply a misunderstanding and he had the ability to easily correct the situation. That being said, the sushi was fine (nothing to write home about) and my sever was very attentive and helpful.

• Visited January 2014