This looks like a Hampton Inn, and quacks like a Hampton Inn, but upon further investigation, it's not quite up to the usual Hampton Inn standards. Corporate infrastructure and expertise, notwithstanding, the tip of the spear in the hotel business is the cleaning crew. It was obvious that the sheets on one of the beds in our room hadn't been changed. Hampton Inn corporate can make all the claims it wants to about sheets and duvet covers being changed for every guest, but we saw no evidence of that. We happened to come into our room as the cleaning person was still working and we saw her spray some type of air freshener right over our pillows. That can't be good for you! We also got the sense that this hotel needs better leadership. We never got the sense that a manager was on premises. The staff, although friendly, does not seem motivated. Throughout our stay we heard a dripping sound inside the bathroom walls. Probably due to a leaky roof. The halls smell musty. Signage is also a problem. Even if you know exactly where this hotel is, it's easy to miss because the sign is so insignificant. The hotel's excuse is "zoning." A good manager would go to the town board and get that dealt with right away. One reason we're giving this hotel three stars instead of two is because the air conditioning/heating unit was really good. It's the type with the controls on the unit itself, not via a thermostat on the wall. Overall, as a comparative study, check the Hampton Inn in Kingston, NY. Similiar demographic etc., but the one in Kingston is stellar on all fronts. This hotel has major room for improvement.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/i-690 Hotel Syracuse
- Hampton Inn And Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/i-690
- Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/i-690 Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Boulevard /I-690 hotel and enjoy free high-speed internet access in every room. Have a good night’s sleep in a clean and fresh Hampton bed® and enjoy our range of thoughtful services and amenities. Keep on top of work in your room with our handy lap desk, or relax with your favorite shows on the LCD flat-screen TV. Upgrade to a suite for separate living and sleeping areas, more space and flexibility. Take advantage of our range of efficient services to make your stay more comfortable. Start each day with a delicious Hampton’s free hot breakfast and taste our world-famous waffles. Even if you're in a rush, don't miss the most important meal of the day. On your way out, simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the indoor swimming pool after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, EasyToBook, Olotels, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.