“Very Clean, Very Comfortable, Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3017 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse, NY 13224   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Jupiter, Florida
“Very Clean, Very Comfortable, Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a surprise to find such a well maintained hotel in Syracuse! The Hampton Inn seems new and the rooms and lobby are very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very helpful giving us directions to restaurants and shopping. There is a gym and an indoor pool and whirlpool spa. The surrounding area is not exceptional other than it is right off 690 and there are several restaurants nearby. I give it five stars for an excellent nights sleep! The bedding is very comfortable. A complimentary breakfast is served which included hot items such as bacon and eggs, waffles etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor! We share all of our reviews with our staff and they truely enjoyed reading yours. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Caluso, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped in Syracuse for one night in our trip from Boston to Toronto.
The hotel was a nice surprise: nice, clean, cordial reception staff (extra-quick check-in), rich buffet breakfast.
The hotel makes a pride in cleanness of sheets and covers, and I confirm they were actually enjoyably clean.
The surroundings are not very good (several adult pubs...), but there are some nice restaurants and fast foods along Erie Blvd.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
West Orange, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and find it to be a great location and a good value. The day I checked in internet out and employees working could not figure out what to do. At 9:30 pm they actually entered my room with pass key without knocking and when saw security...when I called front desk they said it was another employee checking which rooms were available. I asked if they ever heard of calling or knocking and she just laughed. Breakfast our 1st morning was like locusts had descended on area out of everything at 9am. My second day and night were great everything ran smoothly, breakfast was delicious, and internet was working. I appreciate the general manager and her efforts to make this stay better. She was understanding and made up for craziness of night before.

Room Tip: the hotel is very close to rte 690. My room on east side of hotel was a little noisy but not too bad...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
First, thank you for taking the time to give a review of your past stay. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing. We appreciate this information and will use it to better improve the quality of stay for our future guests. We hope you give us the opportunity to impress you in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotels is only a few years old at most, and it looks to be still new. We walked into the room and noticed that there was a sticky note on the headboard that said the sheets and duvet covers are washed after each visit. The beds/bedding as well as the room as a whole were quite clean. The only minor problem was that the shower curtain had a bit of a mildew smell to it because it was cloth, but this seems to be a problem at many hotels. The breakfast was good; it consisted of various muffins and pastries, a few hot items, and a waffle maker; no complaints there. Overall this hotel is quite good, and I would certainly recomend it. I am sure we will have many more visits to this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times. 5 or 6 to be exact. It's location for my frequent business trips to Syracuse was great. I stayed in a studio suite my last stay and woke up covered in ants!!!!!! Yes ants all of my bed. My entire floor was covered. I went to the front desk and they compt my night and reassured me a manager would be calling by the afternoon. After I left multiple messages (4 to 5) with never hearing a word back I was.upset. My suitcase was full of ants and had to toss it in the garbage and $70 in dry cleaning later is unacceptable. I'm a Hilton gold member and will never stay here again. I've attached photos and videos of the ants

• Stayed July 2012
First, thank you for taking the time to give a review of your past stay. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing. I did speak to my General Manager, and she informed me that there was email communication between the two of you. We had never had a problem like this, and it has been corrected, and we have since increased our preventative maintenance plan with an outside source.We appreciate this information and will use it to better improve the quality of stay for our future guests. We hope you give us the opportunity to impress you in the future.
somehwere, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose this hotel for it's great location...and the great reputation of the chain of hotels. We were not disappointed. We were greeted with a smile and our check in went smoothly. The lobby is spacious and the eating area is an open space right opposite. The kitchen part is closed off after breakfast hours but there are plenty of tables available all the time and we did see some people eating food they brought there at different times, which is a great option for families. A nice touch too is the coffee and fresh cookies available 24 hours a day. Our room was spacious and clean, house keeping was excellent. The hotel is surrounded by different restaurants and stores and is easily accessible to highways. Check out was just as easy as check in....highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us!!!
Bedford Hills, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great hotel~so clean, modern, pleasant employees, bed super comfortable. Pool and exercise room looked great and the free breakfast was yummy! Price was very reasonable, shampoo, etc. was upscale. Would DEFINTELY stay there again if I was up that way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690? Share your experiences!