“Ants and no returned calls” 2 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3017 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse, NY 13224   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
“Ants and no returned calls”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times. 5 or 6 to be exact. It's location for my frequent business trips to Syracuse was great. I stayed in a studio suite my last stay and woke up covered in ants!!!!!! Yes ants all of my bed. My entire floor was covered. I went to the front desk and they compt my night and reassured me a manager would be calling by the afternoon. After I left multiple messages (4 to 5) with never hearing a word back I was.upset. My suitcase was full of ants and had to toss it in the garbage and $70 in dry cleaning later is unacceptable. I'm a Hilton gold member and will never stay here again. I've attached photos and videos of the ants

• Stayed July 2012
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
First, thank you for taking the time to give a review of your past stay. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing. I did speak to my General Manager, and she informed me that there was email communication between the two of you. We had never had a problem like this, and it has been corrected, and we have since increased our preventative maintenance plan with an outside source.We appreciate this information and will use it to better improve the quality of stay for our future guests. We hope you give us the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
somehwere, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose this hotel for it's great location...and the great reputation of the chain of hotels. We were not disappointed. We were greeted with a smile and our check in went smoothly. The lobby is spacious and the eating area is an open space right opposite. The kitchen part is closed off after breakfast hours but there are plenty of tables available all the time and we did see some people eating food they brought there at different times, which is a great option for families. A nice touch too is the coffee and fresh cookies available 24 hours a day. Our room was spacious and clean, house keeping was excellent. The hotel is surrounded by different restaurants and stores and is easily accessible to highways. Check out was just as easy as check in....highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us!!!
Bedford Hills, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great hotel~so clean, modern, pleasant employees, bed super comfortable. Pool and exercise room looked great and the free breakfast was yummy! Price was very reasonable, shampoo, etc. was upscale. Would DEFINTELY stay there again if I was up that way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight in Syracuse while visiting someone in Crouse Hospital, and based off of TripAdvisor recommendations, we chose this hotel, and was not disappointed. Our day was very long and we did not even check in until 11pm (no issues with the late check in either). But even with the short stay, we had a great experience. Unfortunately, we checked in too late to take advantage of the pool, but it looked clean and would have been fun. The breakfast was very nice, with a good selection which was always being restocked (even had make-your-own waffle machines). The breakfast is available for 4 hours so quite easy to get to even with a late start. We really needed a good night's sleep and the beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. We would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Based upon a previous stay, I didn't bother to look at any other hotel in the Syracuse area when booking a room for my most recent stay. I even recommended it to other friends that were travelling with us. The hotel still is easily exceeds their level of star rating. We were dissappointed with a few things this time, but, hope it's an anomaly and won't happen again. The biggest issue this time was that there were no pillows for the pull out bed. We called to the front desk and they told us they ran out of pillows. Based on the amount of cars in the lot and the guests at breakfast the next day, the hotel was not full. I don't understand how this could happen. Other than a couple monor things, the hotel was very clean, had a real good breakfast, and pool was nice for the kids. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. I'm very sorry to hear about not having enough pillows in stock for our guests. I did bring this to the attention of our GM, and she will ensure this never happens again.
Again, thank you for your kind words and we llok forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
world
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel meets the high end of the Hampton I&S standard. Near the I-690/I-491 intersection. The obscure entrance is the drive way past the Chucky Cheese entrance. The rooms are clean and confortable The bed room is divided from the sitting area by a desk. A small kitchen area has a sink, micro, refrigerator and coffee maker. There is another sink ouside the bathroom. No bathrobes. Internet available. Large flat screen TV. A number of restaurants are nearby. The breakfast is standard but not exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent our last night of a 2 week road trip here. One king bed studio suite was spacious and comfortable for a family of four. As mentioned in another review, the tv mounted in the middle of the room can not be fully viewed from either the sitting area or the bed. Not a problem for us, but something to consider if you are here for a few days. One other complaint is there are absolutely no drinking glasses in this hotel - only disposable paper cups. So if you want to enjoy a glass of wine or any other beverage, it is not possible. It is cheaper, but not environmentally friendly to only have disposable dishes and cutlery.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. We hope to see you again!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690? Share your experiences!