“Great Stay - Nice People” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points!
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adirondacks NY
“Great Stay - Nice People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed for a long weekend away for some shopping and sightseeing. The room was very large and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The pool was cloudy (I wouldn't have used anyway) but the hot tub was wonderful. Gym was ample except that only one treadmill was working. The staff was fantastic. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Please come and be our guest again when in town for shopping and sightseeing. The summer months are a great time to visit!!! Always something going on in Syracuse!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the effort put forth by all the staff during our stay. I get the feeling that they are well trained in customer service, as it really felt pronounced. Everyone greeted us with a smile and even the cleaners and breakfast staffs were nice. A great stay. I don’t do online reviews a lot but I had to take the time say how great of a time we had at this particular hotel. The only part that maybe I should have had more courage to ask about was the pool as it was strangely murky or foggy in appearance.

The continental breakfast is the best i've ever been to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I will DEFINITELY pass the compliments on to our staff. My apologies about the pool, it does seem 'murky' but we are in the progess of getting it 're-surfaced'. We do not have a pool liner, but I can assure you the chemicals in the pool are where they should be. The pool levels are checked up to 15 times a day. We hope you'll come back and see us.
Kingston, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Booked this hotel for an overnight after shopping at the Carousel. Lovely, new hotel with pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast was included which was very convenient. Hotel is spotless clean and located close to many restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! There is plenty of shopping to do here in Syracuse, and I'm glad we could provide a good night's sleep and an energizing breakfast to get you going. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

For the class of hotel, you can't ask for much more. The hotel and rooms were clean and still looked new. We had a suite room and worked really well for our family. Breakfast was as good as any complimentary breakfast. Pool are was nice, although the water although probably was clean, did not appear that way. May have to do with the colors of the pool and room. Hotel was easy to get to and has a lot to offer in the surrounding area. I would not hesitate to stay at this place again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of re-surfacing our pool. The color that the contractor chose was really NOT a good color, and you are correct about the cleanliness of the water. The chemicals get checked about 5-8 times a day, so I am confident in saying the water is where it should be, chemical wise. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Based on reviews here, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Erie Blvd in Syracuse recently. There is nothing to dislike about this hotel. It's new and in excellent shape. The reception staff were friendly. They offered fresh based cookies and fruit when I arrived and complementary coffee, tea, and cocoa were available all day long. The room was spacious, clean and very nicely appointed with comfortable beds, a flat screen TV and a spacious work desk. In the morning the complementary breakfast was good and consisted of a wide variety of choices including eggs, sausage, fruit, breads, pastries, and cereals. To sum it up, free parking, free internet, free breakfast and snacks, and a complementary newspaper outside my door all for an excellent price. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! It was a pleasure to read this post. I am going to pass it on to our staff. They love getting compliments! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our 'on the house' breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

When I stay in Syracuse I typically stay at a Carrier Circle hotel but thought I would try this new Hampton Inn on Erie Boulevard. The hotel is only a couple of years old so everything is nice and new. The front desk staff were very welcoming and I had a king bed room on the fourth floor. The room was neat and spacious. The television was in the far corner and was a little small but still served it's purpose. This location is nice because there are a few restaurants within walking distance and plenty of choices a short drive away on Erie Boulevard. There a few things that surprised me since the hotel was new. There was a loose wall tile in the bathroom, the toilet was not completely secured and would rock a little, and the bathroom sink drain was a little slow, though none of these were huge problems, just something I noted. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi which were very nice, but when you check in there is a note of the pool rules in with room cards. One of the pool rules is that you shouldn't use the pool alone. I'm not sure if that meant that or if it was just a liability thing they have to say. I was a little disappointed about this since I was away on business and staying alone....though on the last night I did use the pool by myself and nobody stopped me. Also, on the last night a few men checked into the room next to me and were extremely loud. This didn't bother me too much since I sleep like a rock, and it is not really the hotel's fault if other guest are loud. Overall it was a good and clean hotel, though I think next time I may go back and stay at one of the Carrier Circle hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I do apologize about the confusion with the pool rules. Rules are posted in the pool area and we are suppose to reiterate them to guests, per the county rules. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your swim. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel is top notch. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is huge (for a hotel) and very nicely done. I would recommend this hotel if you are in this area. There is a 2 sided fireplace for the lobby & breakfast area that is very nice on those snowy days. Free coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day and the cookies & coffee cake are a nice touch.

The front desk staff (Harley I'm calling you out on this one) did not, in my opinion, represent the Hampton chain well. Not that the service wasn't adequate but your attire wasn't professional. Shirt tail wasn't tucked in, sleeves half rolled up, shirt not buttoned completely...I know this might seem petty...but I feel someone behind the desk that I am giving my credit card to during the check in process should look like they belong behind the front desk and not a "frat" boy coming to work after a party.

Other than that...hotel received a "5" from me.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I took your comments to the front desk manager, and I am happy to report, all guest service agents are in proper uniform, buttoned up, tucked in, and belts on. You can never go back and make a good first impression. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690? Share your experiences!