“An excellent stay at the Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points!
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“An excellent stay at the Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Based on reviews here, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Erie Blvd in Syracuse recently. There is nothing to dislike about this hotel. It's new and in excellent shape. The reception staff were friendly. They offered fresh based cookies and fruit when I arrived and complementary coffee, tea, and cocoa were available all day long. The room was spacious, clean and very nicely appointed with comfortable beds, a flat screen TV and a spacious work desk. In the morning the complementary breakfast was good and consisted of a wide variety of choices including eggs, sausage, fruit, breads, pastries, and cereals. To sum it up, free parking, free internet, free breakfast and snacks, and a complementary newspaper outside my door all for an excellent price. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! It was a pleasure to read this post. I am going to pass it on to our staff. They love getting compliments! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our 'on the house' breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

When I stay in Syracuse I typically stay at a Carrier Circle hotel but thought I would try this new Hampton Inn on Erie Boulevard. The hotel is only a couple of years old so everything is nice and new. The front desk staff were very welcoming and I had a king bed room on the fourth floor. The room was neat and spacious. The television was in the far corner and was a little small but still served it's purpose. This location is nice because there are a few restaurants within walking distance and plenty of choices a short drive away on Erie Boulevard. There a few things that surprised me since the hotel was new. There was a loose wall tile in the bathroom, the toilet was not completely secured and would rock a little, and the bathroom sink drain was a little slow, though none of these were huge problems, just something I noted. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi which were very nice, but when you check in there is a note of the pool rules in with room cards. One of the pool rules is that you shouldn't use the pool alone. I'm not sure if that meant that or if it was just a liability thing they have to say. I was a little disappointed about this since I was away on business and staying alone....though on the last night I did use the pool by myself and nobody stopped me. Also, on the last night a few men checked into the room next to me and were extremely loud. This didn't bother me too much since I sleep like a rock, and it is not really the hotel's fault if other guest are loud. Overall it was a good and clean hotel, though I think next time I may go back and stay at one of the Carrier Circle hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I do apologize about the confusion with the pool rules. Rules are posted in the pool area and we are suppose to reiterate them to guests, per the county rules. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your swim. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel is top notch. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is huge (for a hotel) and very nicely done. I would recommend this hotel if you are in this area. There is a 2 sided fireplace for the lobby & breakfast area that is very nice on those snowy days. Free coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day and the cookies & coffee cake are a nice touch.

The front desk staff (Harley I'm calling you out on this one) did not, in my opinion, represent the Hampton chain well. Not that the service wasn't adequate but your attire wasn't professional. Shirt tail wasn't tucked in, sleeves half rolled up, shirt not buttoned completely...I know this might seem petty...but I feel someone behind the desk that I am giving my credit card to during the check in process should look like they belong behind the front desk and not a "frat" boy coming to work after a party.

Other than that...hotel received a "5" from me.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I took your comments to the front desk manager, and I am happy to report, all guest service agents are in proper uniform, buttoned up, tucked in, and belts on. You can never go back and make a good first impression. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

There were at least four Hampton Inns in Syracuse that materialized when I searched on www.tripadvisor.com for a place to stay. How to choose? I picked the one with a pool since I was traveling with a teenager. The harder part was finding the place - we drove right by the small Hampton Inn sign, which is at the head of a long driveway, and found it only after we circled back around on the Interstate. City of Syracuse, give us poor tourists a break and allow these people a bigger sign. The hotel seems to be newer and is attractively decorated in a brown, black and green color scheme. Front desk staff were fast and efficient.There are two elevators, though one was out of order while we were there; I don't think the place was fully booked so that was not ever a problem. Our one-queen room was huge, with a loveseat, and a floor lamp next to it for reading, and coffee table near the TV as well as a desk and chair. The very clean bathroom also was spacious and had a nicely designed wooden cabinet-type stand for the sink and countertop. Towels were stacked underneath and in another wall cabinet that also held the coffeemaker--very smart and convenient to place it like that for early risers so they don't wake someone still asleep in the bed. Really, this is one of the best bathrooms I've ever seen in a Hampton Inn. The room looked out on a parking lot and an empty field and was totally quiet until some children staying nearby woke up and got lively in the morning out in the hall. My daughter enjoyed the pool and whirlpool and the area around it was tidy and clean. In the morning, breakfast was a little bit of a fail - almost everything was cleaned out from milk to pastries/bread to hot food when we arrived and people were milling around looking unhappy. We did have to ask for help and it took maybe 10 minutes for restocking & additional eggs etc., but I think maybe the staff on duty was new to this & overwhelmed. No big deal. The food also included oatmeal, make your own waffles, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Checkout was seamless. If I return to Syracuse I most certainly would return to Erie Boulevard, this time armed with the inside knowledge of where the driveway is located.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I do apologize about the signage. I will report, that this sign may be just temporary if we can push the city to let us go BIGGER! I have taken your comments and went over them with our breakfast staff. I would like to report that we now have two attendants on at all times. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Mission, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

New hotel. Great hot breakfast. Nice front desk people.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

What can I Say about the Hampton Hotel chain that I haven't said a million times before?? it is the most consistent chain of hotels one could ask for!

I stay quite often at Hamptons becasue they happen to be in most of the cities I travel to for business. They are clean, well-maintained, pleasant places to stay and you always know just what you are going to get: a freindly greeting, a clean, nicely decorated room, comfortable bed, heating and A/C that work, a great hot breakfast, and 24 coffee station and business center with reliable equipment.

This newer location in East Syracuse is no exception, and is a welcome addition to the other locations at Carrier Circle and on 7th North Street.

The only comment I can offer that is unique to this property is that the sign near the road for this location is very small compared to others, and the driveway can be easily missed if you are arriving after dark. I accidentally pulled into the adjacent Auto Parts store parking lot too soon, and had to turn around and make a second attempt.

I recommend the good night's sleep you'll get at this location!

Room Tip: All rooms generally good.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I do apologize about the signage. I will report, that this sign may be just temporary if we can push the city to let us go BIGGER! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2011. Hotel is absolutely clean, new, modern, with vast rooms, cozy king beds. Plus the complimentary breakfast, which much better than other similar free breakfast hotels. To top all of it, you are welcome with freshly baked cookies!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! When you come to visit again, make sure you leave some room for warm cookies and our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690? Share your experiences!