“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ophelia's Garden Inn

Ophelia's Garden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Syracuse
Ophelia's Garden Inn
You added Ophelia's Garden Inn to your Saves list
400 S. Avery Ave., Syracuse, NY 13219   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Syracuse B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great hosts. Great gardens. Great atmosphere. Great rooms. Old world coziness. Privacy. Peace. Charm. The best B&B I ever stayed in. Quiet neighborhood. A great reason to stay in Syracuse a long time. Paint in the gardens or write in the gardens, or be their to enjoy the calm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Annie Ophelia P, Owner at Ophelia's Garden Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hi Jimmy,

What a great review.....we appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again....soon! And hopefully you'll get to meet my Dad on one of your visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Aurora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nice enough, bit bohemian, clean, quiet park like settingsetting but overall not good value for money relative to Hampton or other chains with reliable Wifi and other amenities. Provided good recommendations for dinner in the Armory.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tupper Lake, N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Ophelia's Labor Day weekend and it was a great experience. It was a convenient location to where our family lived, it was spacious, clean and very welcoming. Ophelia and Dave could not have been better hosts. Home cooked breakfast was delicious. We had the good fortune of being able to eat outside overlooking their beautiful yard and gardens and watching the dogs play. An added bonus was being able to sit outside on their portico reading my book and having a glass of wine with my family. This inn is a keeper!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a really nice experience at Ophelia's last week. The house is fabulous and the surroundings and hosts will make you feel right at home. Annie went out of her way to get us in a room close to last minute. Breakfast was excellent. There are a few neighborhood pubs within walking distance and the only green light on top traffic light in the US is a few blocks away (Irish pride). It was a perfect quiet end to a hectic vacation.

Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this B&B because it had some good reviews and was in an area of the city that I wanted to explore. I was not disappointed in any way - in fact, I can't wait to return. All dealings with Annie on the phone were perfectly pleasant and the greeting when I arrived was very nice. I was put in the French Room, where Annie had turned on the a/c so it would be comfortable for my arrival. The room was completely charming with a very nice private bath just across the hall. I believe I was the only guest that night, but there were lights on in the house and I felt perfectly comfortable. In the morning, Annie and her husband, David, we're cheery and accommodating, and set me up to eat breakfast in their gorgeous garden. I sat there reading the provided newspaper and eating delicious sliced fruit, followed by scrambled eggs and good toast and even some wonderful little scones. I appreciated that Annie and David were helpful and personable but were not hovering. I also liked the fact that breakfast was pretty normal - no fancy baked dishes and fatty foods, just a nice, hearty breakfast. I try to get to Syracuse once every summer and will look forward to my next stay at Ophelia's.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Ophelia's Garden Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words....we look forward to your return.
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I dont usually write reviews, however after reading the negative ones about this inn I simply had to. It is easy to notice upon arrival that Ophelias Garden Inn takes pride in the decor and grounds. There are no shortage of breathtaking places on the property to enjoy. One of my favorites is the hammock by the pond where I can relish in the beauty and solitude of my secret getaway spot. Annie and David are a delight and are always making sure I have everything I need. I will be frequenting this historic and enchanting place for many years to come.

Room Tip: The canopy room is my favorite :)
Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Geneseo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at Ophelia's Garden Inn. The location couldn't have been more perfect for her to go shopping and me to attend the SU football game. Our room was large, quiet, and well-appointed; the bed was very comfortable and elegantly made-up. The hosts, Annie and David, were extremely friendly and accommodating -- they even cooked me oatmeal for breakfast (which they hadn't planned on) for my heart-healthy diet -- and offered us an unexpected glass of wine upon our arrival. The grounds are lush and well-kept; they seemed even more so given the presence of parks on two sides of the Inn, which contributes to the serenity. We toured the gardens and were invited to explore the mansion, too, with its many interesting nooks and crannies. The living and dining/breakfast rooms are large and very impressive. While some of the guest rooms were smaller than ours, they all looked cozy, clean, and welcoming. We'll surely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ophelia's Garden Inn? Share your experiences!