“Finest L.I. Steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare 650 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Syosset
Transit: LIRR Syosset station
Elwood, New York
“Finest L.I. Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Rare 650 has exellent atmosphere, food and above all service.The restaurant has 4 distinct seating areas which all have great atmospheres. The steak and grilled whole fish are incomparable. The side dishes are well prepared as are the salads. The sushi is better than any "sushi restaurant" I have been to . The wine list is extensive and the drinks are well prepared and the barstaff does not skimp on the alcohol. The waitstaff is knowledgable and professional. The prices are not cheap, but the dining experience is well worth the cost.

• Visited October 2012

Syosset, New York
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I just went to Rare 650 as it is in our neighborhood and pass it all the time. I had heard it was delicious and so wanted to find out for myself!! Just walking in I was very impressed, beautiful decor lots of outdoor seating. An impressive bar. We were given a very friendly welcome and quickly escorted to our booth. Sat down and my husband and I were very impressed thus far. A waitress came over immediately and introduced herself. My husband and I ordered the Surf & Turf Special. We had french onion soup to start and the special came with the fillet mignon and 2 lb lobster. Choice of potatoe and vegetable for two. Ordered the hash browns, they were delicious!! For dessert I had the apple struedel and my husband had the cheesecake. Everyting was absolutely delicious and hot, great portions and great service. Highly recommend this restuarant, the Surf & Turf special is a great deal!!

• Visited August 2012
Seaford, New York
“Rare...one of the best restaurants on Long Island!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The food at Rare was Fabulous!!! Decor was stunning! Far exceeded my expectations!! Definetly upscale but well worth it!!!I actually wish our table wasn't ready when we arrived so we would have had a few minutes to hang around the bar area!

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Rare650 is worth it. i liked rare650 very much. the scene is youngish and relaxed, and the food is very good.RARE 650 selection is is truly exclusive, mixing soft excellent dry-aged beef with awesome sushi and fish .Everything was beautiful, service was fantastic. Overall awesome cusine experience."Very good food and social spot
A good way for a fantastic dinner. Try it , you'll like it"

• Visited June 2012
Long Island, NY
“Dress to Impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Been here a few times at this people watching steak house on Long Island. Service was excellent, food is very good but a little overpriced. Appetizers are amazing, loved the scallops with figs, oysters, shrimp with watermelon, can't go wrong with any of the sushi special rolls. Bar can get crowded on the weekends. The upstairs seating area is more private, downstairs by the bar can get a little noisy and crowded. Great for a special occasion, Just be prepared to drop about $250.00 if you're having dinner for two with appetizers, drinks, dessert.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Rare 650? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rare 650, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.