“Best Empanadas in the USA!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 99 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Best Empanadas in the USA!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

It's mainly a take out place that has the best empanadas I've had in the States!!
You can have a full meal there with just a few dollars because their empanadas are very inexpensive. They have about 30-40 different flavored empanadas. I've tasted many of their empanadas & they're all great. They have a selection of wheat , corn or flower emapnadas. You also have the choice of having them fried or baked, which is such a plus!!

If you like seafood, I highly recommend the "Biagra" which is filled with shrimps, crab & scallops. It's delicious & it's something entirely different thatn your regular chicken or beef empanadas.

For dessert I HIGHLY recommend two of their empanadas. I love them!! They are deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They are amazing. It's the tastiest dessert yet empanada all in one !!! Here's the selection you have for dessert:
1- Platano maduro (yellow plantain) with cheese empanada
2- Arequipe...a caramel that's like dulce de leche with cheese empanada

They also sell frozen empanadas to go. You can take them home & either fry them or bake them. I believe the frozen packs have about a dozen empanadas.

I've been to their location at: 85-05 Northern Blvd, Jackson Heights, Queens. On their website I've seen that they have 3 different locations ONLY in Queens.

Please DO NOT confuse it with Manhattan's Empanada Mama on 9th Avenue (btwn 51st & 52nd Street). I'm pretty sure Manhattan's Empanada Mama stole their idea & have empanadas on their menu, but it has nothing to do with the ones in Queens!!

Overall I give them 5 stars and an A+