“Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza, Suffern

You added Crowne Plaza, Suffern to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Executive Boulevard, Suffern, NY 10901 (Formerly Holiday Inn Suffern)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
“Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for New Years because we wanted to play it safe and not drive too far from where we had gone out. Having said that, we didn't utilize the hotel as much as we would have liked, but did enjoy each feature of the property we came across. Check-in was friendly and efficient. They asked us our preference in location of the room which is always nice to come by. Our interaction at the Koi Lounge was great. The bartendar was really friendly. We ordered a jumbo shrimp cocktail with our drinks which tasted great. The property itself was beautiful on the inside. It's been renovated so everything is pretty much brand new. They have a koi pond which was really cool. The rooms were very clean and up to date. Our overall stay was pleasant and would defintely return.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces away from the indoor courtyard to avoid noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear RChar22,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We look forward to your next visit!
Thank you and have a great New Year!
Bob Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to New York over the Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday) to do some shopping. I didn't want to stay in Manhattan because the prices for a hotel were around $400USD for a nice place and parking your car at most hotels is about $60-$90USD per night! So I decided to stay 25-30 mins away from the madness of manhattan during black friday weekend and paid about $390USD for 3 nights. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We arrived 4 hours before check in time, and they had a room ready for us to check in. The hotel and the room that I stayed in was very clean. There was a nice little lobby area with a small pool table and tons of chairs and a nice small bar. The food at the restaurant wasn't the greatest, it was just ok.

The hotel is about 25-30 minutes away from the heart of Manhattan, and it's also 20-25 minutes away from Woodbury Commons. I highly suggest you stay here if you plan on doing a weekend shopping trip. If you're planning on doing the whole 'New York' tourist experience with sightseeing and tours, I would definitely pay the money and stay in the city. This is too far away for those who want to be close to the action and for those who aren't driving.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Rachelle P,
Thank you for the comments. i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you stay with us please let us know what you would like to see from the menu and we can ask our chef.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is probably the nicest and newest Crowne Plaza I have stayed at. It is extremely modern, bright, clean, and spacious. There is a huge courtyard in the middle of the hotel with waterfalls and pools, an on-site restaurant, and a hotel bar/lounge. There are also plenty of meeting spaces. It seems to be a one-stop shop. All of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly also.

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars, but here are some of the reasons I didn't:

1. The recognition for IHG Rewards Club members is lacking. I am an IHG Platinum Ambassador, and the woman at the check-in desk didn't even acknowledge my membership. There was no upgrade (evidently the suites were sold out), and a general lack of enthusiasm towards the program.

2. The rooms facing the courtyard aren't very private. The only thing separating the inside of your room from the courtyard outside is a huge tinted glass window. Although it is darkly tinted, and highly reflective, it is still possible to see into the rooms when the lights are on. And to make matters worse, you can't pull the curtains all the way to cover the window. They only go about 1/4 of the way.

3. When I was trying to get ready in the morning, I realized I had forgot some toiletries. I called down to the front desk to have them bring some up to my room. After 20 minutes they didn't show up, so I called again. They eventually came after an additional 20 minutes.

I understand that these shortcomings are minor, but they prevented me from having an amazing 5-star stay.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Evan M,
Thank you for the comments. I apologize for our staff not recogonizing you as the IHG rewards Platinum Ambassador. This will be addressed. Regarding the blinds, there are curtains behind the decorative curtains that can be drawn competely shut. I apologize that they were not partially drawn so you would of saw them. Again, no one should have to wait 40 minutes for their toiletries to be delivered. This will be addressed during our training sessions. We hope you come back and give us another try. Thank you.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed overnight and had a wonderful experience. The room was clean and spacious. We got upgraded without even requesting it! The staff was friendly & responsive! We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We look forward to your return visit.
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

While it looks very much the usual 3 story hotel from the outside, the inside is very nice, clean, with a huge atrium. Bar, restaurant, etc. The room was a little small, but that did not impact the quality of the stay at all. No tub, but that did not affect us in the least. The room looked recently redone, very clean, fresh with a very nice flat screen. Check in was quick and easy. Even got complimentary drinks at the bar for my wife and I. Stayed here while visiting someone at the very nearby Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern.

Room Tip: Ask for something facing away from the highway. You may not be able to hear it but I didn't want...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We do offer a few rooms with a bathtub if needed next time. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Ashtead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I booked this hotel as I wanted an overnight stop on our drive from Cape Cod to Washington. I was aware that the hotel was outside of the town and on a business park and therefore, as we were arriving on a sunday night, we were not expecting very much of this hotel.
What a pleasant surprise. Check in was smooth and efficient. The room was very nice with a window that opened (always pleasant). At dinner we had the special which was one of the best meals we have had for a long time.
All in all a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the outside
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear John G,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We are so thrilled that you were so suprised and enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

What a gorgeous hotel! Beautifully modeled, tastefully decorated, clean, this was an honest to goodness awesome stay. The rooms had Keurig machines, but didn't have refrigerators or microwave ovens, which was my only vice. The bathroom didn't have a shower door, which I thought was weird, but it wasn't necessary for its function. Just absolutely beautiful and upscale. I think I had my best night's sleep there. The mattress was so incredibly comfy and I had emailed the hotel directly to ask what kind of mattresses they used, so I can get one for home. We also ate in the hotel restaurant and I recommend the Crowne Plaza burger, it was so yummy! The restaurant manager was very accommodating to our large party at both dinner time and breakfast. I would love to stay in this hotel again if I'm ever back in the area. And I suggest that you give this place a try too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Melanie b,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We currently have select upgraded rooms with refridgerators and micowaves. Next time you stay with us, please ask about the upgrade. We also have additional ones that can be brought to your room on request. I apologize this was not explained to you. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.
Bob Wilson

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!