“AMAZING. WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE I KNOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
Rocky Point, New York
“AMAZING. WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE I KNOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I travel quite a bit and have experience with a wide range of hotel chains. The Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook is at the top of my list when recommending a place to stay in our area. For my husband’s birthday, I booked an overnight stay and Lenore Paprocky was so kind that she upgraded us to a master suite at no additional charge. The pool and spa areas that they offer set them apart from the rest and it’s wonderful to know that I have access to an oasis from work and the phone when I want a place to get away. ~Teresa Ward. Teresa's Family Cleaning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Vacuum was not used in my room. There was a clean towel that was placed on the back of the toilet. The matress is incredibly old and nothing but springs. The linens are stained yellow. The shuttle service wasn't running to the airport due to bad weather but the roads weren't bad and a taxi was able to make it. They have a nice flat screen tv, but really should use their money on cleaning and new beds. Room was cold regardless of what the thermostat was set on. 30 minutes away from airport. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed January 2011
Athens, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Was attending Footlocker Northeast Regional Cross-Country meet. Had booked another motel however, after reading ratings opted to try Holiday Inn Express in Stony Brook. Was very pleased with quality of service, room condition, and the well lit parking area. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and there was always coffee (a number one priority in my book!) I did take a minute to thank the maintenance supervisor for a job well done before we left. I didn't catch his name but hope to see him again next year. He does a great job!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Denean, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Valued Guest;
Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook. I appreciate you taking the time to post this information and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Have a great day!
Denean Lane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Sometimes my review might be lower but overall, I think the price is competitive and the location to SB hospital can't be beat. I will be there next weekend again. I don't eat that fatty breakfast stuff, but I do appreciate the all night coffee and bagels with fresh fruit in the morning. I have definitely enjoyed the business center and the pool on my stays. See you guys next weekend!

• Stayed January 2010
Delmar, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel is in a fantastic location. Close to where I was working, plenty of restaurants, and shopping.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the hotel though. It was very dingy, the carpets looked old, and the rooms just seemed dirty. While some of the staff was very nice, several of the employees at the front desk were rude to me and my colleagues.

The hotel did not live up to the standards that I have for HIE and I doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Stonybrook for one night on August 5, 2010. We were visiting friends in Port Jefferson and there aren't many hotels in the area. It was your typical chain hotel located on a highway. There was a strange kind of chemical like smell in the hallways that probably came from the indoor pool. Also the carpet in the hallways looked worn and need replacing. One really nice thing was the player piano located in the lobby. The lobby was fairly decent and there are some baseball and sports fields located in the back of the hotel.
My brothers bed had a problem like the frame was bent or broken but wasn't worth moving by the time we got settled in the room since we were only staying for one night. There are some grocery stores and shopping centers nearby but nothing is walkable on foot. I will say the back parking lot is a little spooky so we parked near the front entrance. It was disappointing Holiday Inn Express for the price....it cost us 155 dollars with tax. I'm not a fan of any of these chain hotel breakfasts and this one was exactly the same. Strange eggs, lousy sausage, and way to sweet breakfast rolls. There was a great Deli up the highway that had awesome bagels/breakfast.

Pro's:
Cool Piano in Lobby
Location

Con's:
Strange smell in Hall
Worn out carpet
Bad bed and linens
No stores within walking distance
Slow Internet

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I am not sure why this hotel has such low reviews but my fiance and I had such a nice time there a few weeks ago that we decided to spend this past weekend there as well.

It has a great location, right near a strip of major stores, and about a 5 minute drive from Smithaven Mall and Stony Brook University. They even offer a student discount which was a pleasant surprise for us. The young lady at the front desk looked rather tired when we checked in at midnight but she was still as pleasant as ever, she even offered us a complimentary late check out! The room itself the first time we stayed there was spacious and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, with two pillow options depending on your preference. It took a tiny bit of effort to figure out how to adjust the temperature in the room but once we did it was cool and comfortable. The shower had good water pressure and was very clean, plenty of towels to go around. The customer service over all was fantastic. Everyone was really friendly and went out of their way when we asked for something (to refill a breakfast tray, more towels, a sewing kit, etc..)

Breakfast was pretty generic but still satisfying. For the health conscious they do offer yogurt, hard boiled eggs and fresh bananas. Our only complaint was that there were no trays to bring our food back up to our room. Although we did it anyway :)

Our only real complaints come from our second night's stay. The main door and bathroom door both kept jamming and popping open, and the lock didn't work on the bathroom door.

Overall however I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, and if you are a SB student speak up and take advantage of the fantastic discount they offer!

Next time we stay we will definitely take advantage of the fitness center, pool, and business/computer center.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook? Share your experiences!