Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, my husband and I had the "pleasure" of staying at the hotel for a week (10/30-11/6) while power was being restored.The entire staff was truly a pleasure to deal with from housekeeping, to the front desk to the breakfast staff to maintenance.
As we are all aware, this has been a trying time for everyone with lack of power, no heat and long gas lines. Hotel rooms were at a premium and all around nerves were frayed. The staff remained calm, courteous, kind and most of all professional, throughout the situation. Dealing with the public is not an easy thing to do; dealing with an angry, scared, frustrated public makes it a tremendous task. I listened as they answered the same questions over and over again, repeated the same information over and over again and multi-tasked as the phones were ringing off the hook and people were lined up 3 deep at the front desk.
I travel quite a bit for both work and pleasure and I have never witnessed such an amazing staff.
The hotel, itself is a standard HIE. Keeping in mind it is fairly new and in much better condition than other, older HIEs. It does boast some nice outdoor amenities such as a baseball diamond, beach volleyball, tennis, and basketball. There is also a pool and fitness center.
The rooms were clean and maintained and good sized. The breakfast was the standard for "free" breakfast and had both cold and hot options. Even with the overcrowded hotel, there was plenty of food.
The choices on Long Island are limited, particularly in this area. The HIE offers a nice clean room in a great location.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook Hotel Stony Brook
- Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook Hotel
- Holiday Inn Stony Brook
- Stony Brook Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook-Long Island offers 143 newly renovated guest rooms: standard kings, queens, two room suites, spa rooms, and handicap accessible rooms. The Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook - Long Island hotel is a designated non-smoking property. All rooms feature: flat screen plasma cable TVs w/HBO, CNN, ESPN, free local calls, high-speed wireless Internet access, iPod docking stations and pay-per-view movies. Additional in-room amenities are: microwave/refrigerator unit, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, & a coffee maker in every room. Our hotel meeting rooms can accommodate 100 people theater style, up to 80 banquet style and we offer use of our audio/visual equipment. All guests enjoy complimentary hot Continental buffet breakfast, 20X40 indoor heated pool and use of our fully equipped fitness center. Roll away beds are available at no additional charge. Children stay free and the hotel has a playground, and there are plenty of local attractions geared toward children. Our amenities include a putting green, horseshoe courts, and athletic fields with basketball, tennis, softball and picnic area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.