I stayed in the Three Village Inn for a night in April 2012. I visited Stony Brook for business. Pros and cons below:
(1) Beautiful and elegant exterior and interior decoration. Matches perfectly with the cute village.
(2) Next to the cute-looking mall. Convenient.
(3) Close to the trail in the Avalon park. Very nice walk!
(4) Although it was Tuesday, the pub of the hotel was very lively.
(5) (although not so difficult but...) very quiet.
(6) Reasonably priced (I know it's not Manhattan, but still...)
(1) I guess most people drive to this inn, but if not, it's a bit far from the Stony Brook station. But the people at the reception told me that if there's somebody available, they can offer a ride to the station.
(2) Somehow the people at the restaurant weren't so nice... I was eating my breakfast (it's a buffet), and as soon as I finished my first round, they took my plate... I wasn't able to eat fruit or pastry... They did not even say "good morning" to me!
(3) As many other reviewers wrote, many rooms (probably Room # 1-6) are located directly above the (lively) tavern, so if you are sensitive to noise, and you want to sleep early, you might be bothered. I did not have a problem (I am never bothered by noise).
(4) Maybe he is just a cool guy, but the bartender was not too friendly (at least to me...)
All in all, I like the place. I think if you come to Stony Brook for a holiday, it's better to stay at a place with nice character, like this one, rather than staying at a faceless chain hotel. The place makes you feel like you are staying in the old cute town of Stony Brook. I wish people were a bit more friendly...
Not sure if it's feasible, but avoid Room 1-6 (those above the tavern) if you are sensitive to n...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
April 14, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
We are glad you enjoyed Stony Brook and Three Village Inn’s beautiful surroundings. The Stony Brook Village Shopping Center and...
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.