“Do Not Eat Here - You Will Get Sick” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 16 restaurants in Stone Ridge
Cuisines: Pizza
Stone Ridge, New York
“Do Not Eat Here - You Will Get Sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I am local so I keep trying this place hoping it will get better. However, we received bad, spoiled, poor quality food every visit over the past year. Most times, had to throw the food out ... could not even eat it due to taste & odor. Actually got sick a few times...this last time my entire office got sick. That prompted me to write this review.

Bad Food Prep - All food is pre-cooked and allowed to sit WAY too log

Unsanitary - Food Storage is in a Shed Outdoors

Bad Service - Attitude from Employees

Bad Owner - Told owner about issues, he did not care.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

40% Recommend
NY
“Not Impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Good BBQ chicken pizza and salads but is the only resturant I have ever been to that does not have ice! If you order a fountain drink in the middle of a 95 degree hot summer day...you will not get ice. This normally will not be enough for me to lower a rating so far but....the attitude you get when you ask for ice is unbeliveable I am sure they are pretty sensitive about being the only resturant in the world not to have ice since they quicly snap when asked. Even hot dog stands have ice! Buy bags and keep it in a cooler if you need! When I asked , the girl at the counter said that they do not have ice. I said I was flabbergasted and have never heard of such a thing and she replied that "thier customers do not complain". I have since witnessed others get thier head chopped off in similar fashion for the same disbelief. Funny that the new resturant in kingston has an ice machine...as well as a great view of the dishwasher from the diningroom...not to mention highwayside dining on albany avenue! Some of the pizza is ok but I am not impressed with the service at the stone ridge store overall. On a more positive note...the staff is much friendlier at the new kingston store. I do not go to Benny's anymore. Laflorentina is so much better and right up the road.

Schoharie
“Great Pizza, etc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

Each year we go this area of New York State for business. Each time we pass by Benny's (it's in a small plaza along Route 209) we stop in for some lunch or snacks. The pizza is here is the best in the area and they have many different types and toppings, from a traditional pie with just cheese to more exotic toppings like eggplant or pineapple.

Do not go away from this place without ordering the garlic knots though. They are dirt cheap (25 cents each I think). It's essentially a soft roll covered in garlic, Italian spices, parmesan cheese and more garlic. DELICIOUS!