“Fabulous Wedding Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Stone Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stone Ridge
The Inn at Stone Ridge
You added The Inn at Stone Ridge to your Saves list
3805 Main St., Stone Ridge, NY 12484   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Stone Ridge B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Fabulous Wedding Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Inn at Stone Ridge this past summer and it really couldn’t have gone much better. We’re not from the area, so we were relying especially heavily on Marie, the owner, to handle the logistics. Our wedding party, some family, and the two of us also stayed at the Inn through the weekend and had meals there. Overall we were extremely impressed and would strongly recommend the Inn for a good meal, a romantic weekend, or especially as a great wedding venue.

The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous, is very clean, and has a ton of character. One of the nice things about the Inn is that many of the rooms are actually suites with good-sized living rooms, which allows people to hang out together.

We had our wedding reception in a tent on the grounds of the Inn. Marie has a tent company that she uses and arranged everything for us. As one reviewer noted, there is no outdoor bathroom for the tent, but you do have the option of renting them, though we didn’t feel the need since the bathrooms in the Inn are quite close. One small logistical issue: We were told we could buy our own lighting and Marie’s staff would hang it, but we ended up having to do it ourselves the day before, though it wasn’t a big deal.

Guests were blown away by how good the food was at our reception, and we’re still getting compliments about it. The Inn has some set menus that you can choose from, but was also pretty flexible about letting us swap in different items, which made for a much more interesting food compared to the bland chicken/beef/fish choices most guests expect these days. One caveat about receptions: It’s not cheap, and they won’t do less expensive meals for vendors or kids over 10.

One of the best parts about having a wedding at the Inn is that Marie really does help a ton with the logistics. She’s not a terribly warm person, but she’s very organized and very prompt about responding to phone calls and e-mails (even when she was in the hospital having a baby!) and did a great job with everything. Her husband, Brian, was also very helpful and thoughtful, leaving the kitchen to get a spare key for my wife, and saving the top layer of our wedding cake for us even though we’d never asked.

All in all, we had a great time, and can’t wait to go back for romantic anniversary weekends!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I just had my wedding here October 1st. I am from Massachusetts and booked the Inn after seeing it once with my fiance. We loved the beautiful grounds, the rustic character, and the laid back family oriented atmosphere. Stone Ridge is about 4 hours from where I live in Massachusetts so everything I did was via email and phone calls. Marie and Brian were so helpful and accommodating.
My mother and I traveled there about a month after we booked the venue for a food tasting. We were hooked. Brian made us the absolute best wedding food I've ever tasted!
Fast forward to the wedding weekend:
We had our rehearsal dinner at the Inn in the restaurant. The room was perfect size for our 30 guests. We had an italian style dinner with antipast, chicken parm, salad, white fish, and homemade pasta! Sooo good!
Wedding day: It rained. I was so bummed because the grounds are one of the main reasons we booked the venue. Even more, it was one of the coldest nights that night. However, we had heaters for the tent and had our ceremony under the tent. It was warm and intimate and nothing short of perfect. Everyone sat in their seats while they watched us say our vows.
The firepit was supposed to be one of our main attractions but because of the rain (which had stopped by the time of our wedding) the wood was too wet and after a few attempts couldn't be lit. This however turned to our advantage as it kept everyone under the tent and dancing!
Everyone was raving about our food. We had vegetables and dip, cheese, crackers, various dips, and fruit for the cocktail hour, and then for dinner we had a buffet style sliced hangar steak (which Brian was actually grilling behind the tent), salmon, and bbq chicken, with mashed potatoes, salad bar, and seasonal veggies. Amazing!
Service: Nothing short of excellent. They have a small staff who are friendly and genuinely happy for you. At one point during the wedding, there were some family members who were cold- a quick request to Brian, and problem solved. All we needed to do was move the heater away from the dance floor.
Price: We got so much for our money. You really aren't going to get that anywhere else. I had to pay for the wedding myself so I was on a very tight budget. The prices were so good I was even able to afford open beer and wine.
Bottom line: If you are looking for an uppety, over priced, luxury wedding this place is not for you. The Inn at Stone Ridge is full of charm, history, and classic beauty. It is a place for a more rustic bride and groom.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the Apple orchard! If it wasn't raining it would have been a beautiful p...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I recently ventured here for my sisters wedding, and was extremely off put by the smell of catpiss throughout the carriage house myself and another couple were staying in. The ceilings had dust flying in the air, the beds and every other fixture had 3 inches of dust on them, the bed had cat fur all over it, there was a bottle nipple in the drawer for christ sakes! BUT it gets worse..there were stink bugs everywhere! I was unpacking my suitcase and looked up to find about 10 in the curtains. When we came back to our room we saw them crawling on the walls in the common area. Clearly no one cleans this place or cares about pleasing their guests.We called the innkeeper who was the epitome of A- hole, and he came up with his shopvac and his "ive got your money so i dont give a crap if you are unhappy" attitude. We told him we had killed about 50 stink bugs and that we were concerned because we had paid so much money for this place. Before we even finished our very polite and relatable sentence he got extremly defensive and started yelling at us saying that this place is "pretty clean" and its the season for these bugs. Rather than geting into it with him and showing him the other disgusting finds we encountered we let it go because we had no other option and it was our sisters wedding, We all sat around in awe of what had just happened and had he not already had our money, we would have contested it, not to mention we never even checked in. I was with family all wknd, but if i wasnt i would not trust the security of this place either.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dreyfus96, Owner at The Inn at Stone Ridge, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
We are so sorry this happened. We truly did everything in our power to make these guests happy. The bugs, have a way of finding their way in a building when it gets chilly at night. This rainy season didn't help either. As soon as they called we came to try to remedy the issue. We are truly sorry we failed.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

Attended an outdoor wedding service and reception. Location was pretty but service was poorly managed. Bathroom was about 1/4 mile, tables were placed in front of obnoxious blaring speakers. Food was just ok

• Stayed July 2011
dreyfus96, Owner at The Inn at Stone Ridge, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
the weddings are on the grounds of a beautiful victorian mansion built in 1757.. the walk to our bathrooms, which are inside ,is through our immaculate gardens..out door restrooms can be rented for our events, it is bride and grooms choice to have or not..the dj set up his speakers where the bride requested..the bride also set up the table arrangements and the location of each guest... the bride, groom, their families and every guest we spoke to said the food was amazing.
camden, maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Recently a friend and myself celebrated an anniversary by having an early brunch at this Stone Ridge landmark. The meal was an incredible testimonial to balance and subtle but complex flavor. A scone with jam opening, seasonal fruit and obligatory traditional cocktail was but a precursor to the main act: Lobster eggs Benedict for her, FlatIron Steak and eggs for myself.....both cooked to perfection to highlight the balanced integrity of the sauces which complimented both. We arrived early (11 a.m.) and welcomed the quiet solitude of that effort ( the brunch crowds are late risers). My only complaint...which I had the last time I was here as well....is that the air conditioning needs a solution.....and low key inconspicuous systems do in fact exist that would make excessively hot days much more enjoyable. We will return, but more likely in the fall or spring.

Room Tip: did not stay overnight this time
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Stone Ridge, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

Dan the guy who manages the place is rude and surly. He was rude to me and my family It started when I called the desk to have him connect me to my parents room. He had the gumption to ask me if I "really wanted to wake them up at 7:30". I thought this was a bizarre question but I laughed a little and asked again for him to ring their room. He got angry for no reason and made a rude remark. I was so surprised by this that I had to say, as nicely as i could, that i didnt think it was his business if i wanted to wake my parents up by calling their room (by the way, it was actually later then he thought but anyways, what IS it his
business?) he went completely ballistic, yelling and lecturing me about how he had to
protect his guests and he didn't have to put thru any phone calls he didn't want to... That he
"hated my type", I got an ear full, it was extremely unpleasant to say the least. All I wanted
to do was call my parents room to make a plan for the day and it turned into world war 3.
He even went so far as to lecture my mother, a guest at the Inn. This man is crazy. He
make an obscene hand gesture to my 10 year old nephew as we were leaving, totally unprovoked. It's a shame the owners have this man managing their Inn which is otherwise an ok place to stay. Based on the reviews here, I would think twice before planing a big event like a wedding here.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

Stayed in room #10 for 3 nights in october 2009, and would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet, romantic and authentic place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Stone Ridge? Share your experiences!