“Hamton Inn Staten Island” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Tampa, United States
“Hamton Inn Staten Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel had everything I want in a hotel. The Front Desk staff was quick, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and odor free, clean bathroom with plenty of towels and lots of hot water. The complimentary breakfast was good and the plentiful coffee was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Alan A M,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel front desk staff as well as our housekeeping staff. We love making our guest feel like they are truely special. Once again thank you for your kind comments.

Thomas A. Gatto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a return trip to this Hampton & as in my past stays here, I have never been disappointed.Also on the site across the parking lot is a Hilton Gardens which we have often used there Lorenzo'srestuartant(excellent) & nearby lounge.There is no other place to stay then here on Staten Island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear tmchal1,

Thank you for being a repeat guest of our Hotel, we are also glad you enjoy our sister hotel's restaraunt. We pride ourself on making all our guests feel like this is a home away from home for them. Once again thank you for your repeat business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our group of 25 stayed for 8 nights. The staff not only provided a great breakfast for us, but our rooms were always very clean, and those at the front desk helped direct us around town to restaurants as well as providing great advice about the ferry and NYC. I would love to head to NYC once again if I was guaranteed the same great experience we had at this hotel. After a long day of sightseeing and working at a local church, it was a blessing to know we had such a great place to return to for the evening.

Room Tip: I suggest staying in the suites if you will be in town for several days.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scout1900,

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad your group enjoyed their stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island. We are glad we were able to help you with all your needs. Thank you for your kind comments.

frederick, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our brief 2 night stay was pleasant from the start. Due to a late departure, our room was not ready, so we were offered complimentary drinks and snacks at the "sister" Hilton restaurant--Lorenzo"s--next door. The staff from management to housekeeping was upbeat and smiling and helpful throughout our stay. Lorenzo's was excellent--try the carmalized calamari. This Hampton is first class--highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alex G,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. Sorry your room was not ready at time of arrival. I am happy that our staff was able to make a enjoyable experience for you. We are glad you enjoyed our sisster hotel Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island restaraunt Lorenzo's. We also are glad our staff was friendly and upbeat. We are gld you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

While staying at the Hilton-Hampton Inn & Suites in Staten Island, NY I slipped on a terri bath mat in the bathroom and sustained severe knee injury. I called the front desk and told them I fell and requested an ice pack as the pain was excruciating; It took them 25 minutes and arrived without an ice pack. They said there was an ice machine on the floor - the ice machine was empty. They left and came back 20 minutes later with large ice cubes in a baggie that further irritated my knee; I asked them why they didn’t bring a medical ice pack from the first kit - they said they didn't have a first kit. They had me fill out an accident report. Upon checking out I was in tears from the pain, limping through the main lobby struggling with my bags; I had to make 2 trips to the car while the employees (the same employees who had been in my room filling out the accident report) were behind the front desk looking at me while I struggled. They never lifted a finger to help me and never asked if they could carry my bags nor did they come out from behind the front desk to hold the door open for me. Very bad treatment for an injured guest. I was disgusted and disappointed with their utter lack of concern. People like that shouldn’t be working in the Hospitality Industry. Don't use the flimsy terri cloth bath mat's they provide in the bathroom - they have no rubber on the bottom for traction and the floor tiles are very slick and slippery. Their insurance company sent me a claim form to fill out and blamed me for slipping because I told them their mat's were not safe because they didn't have rubber on the bottom of the mats. My injury was so severe that I could not work for 2 months. Their insurance company said they would compensate me but not for 100% of my lost wages because I said their mat's were not safe so they blamed me for the fall; it's been four months and they still haven't compensated me. The insurance company said the hotel hasn't had a slip and fall injury in 40 years.... Hard to believe since the Hilton-Hampton Inn & Suites was established in 1984.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Goslingpond,

I am sorry to hear about your problems you had with the Hotel, I would love to speak to you personaly so we can speak about this matter. Please call me at (718)477-1600. Look forward to hearing from you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Clean large and comfortable room, great free breakfast in the morning,
and a helpful, courteous and professional Staff. The grounds and the art work are beautiful a must stay if you are going to Staten Island.

Room Tip: Speak with Robin or Jamarow, tell them your preferences and you will get a good room . Also a Hilton...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Iranauro,

Thank you for your comments you gave us. we take pride in exceeding our guests expectactions and making the Hampton Inn & Suites your home away from home. Thank you also for comments about the artwork. Our owners Richard & Lois Nicotra take pride in picking oput artwork for both of their hotels and the outside areas. They are true Staten Islanders and see the beauty our Island has to offer. Thank you for your comments again and look forward to seeing you on your next stay here.

Pompton Lakes, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Quality stay for my friends and family. The service staff for the wedding block was easy to work with and was able to adjust any issues with the guests bookings. The Staff at the front desk made sure everyone received my amenity gift bag.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Nicole R,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your Wedding block, we hope we made the day more enjoyable. We pride ourselfs on giving the best guest service to all our guests. Once again thank you for your kind words,

Thomas A. Gatto

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!