“Nice setting, Warm service, Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Diner, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wharton, New Jersey
“Nice setting, Warm service, Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was looking for a new restaurant to try for a nice meal on my birthday. And we stumbled across La Strada on New Dorp Lane. It was a Monday night, they were open and we were seated right away. Elegantly decorated with a quite intitmate setting was perfect for a low key birthday celebration. I had the Porkchops La Strada, which was delicious and my date had the Sole Special for the day and she simply enjoyed. We will be back again to this fine restaurant. Highly recommended it !

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Perplexed Over Under-rated Review!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

How Goodfellows received a much higher rating then La Strada is a total mystery to me! It is like comparing mama's home cooking to the neighborhoods good pizzeria!

We have been eating at La Strada since they opened many years ago. The ambiance is cozy with a flare of unobtrusive elegance The linen tablecoths, fresh flowers and cleanlyness make this restaurant very inviting! There is a lovely gas fireplace that adds a special touch that we enjoy!

Casual business attire is appropriate. On to the food! Everything is freshly made with wonderful ingredients. I never had a meal that I did not enjoy from pasta, fish, filet mgnon, chicken, fresh veggies and homemade soups, everything is great! If you like stuffed artichokes their's is the best! The desserts too, are heavenly and the service is wonderful! I love to cook and bake everything with top quality, and only fresh ingredients therefore, my family always enjoys a meal they can savor! I can say without any reservations, that La Srada is the closest you will get to eating a great dinner at home, out!

A good time to have dinner especially on a weekend is between 5pm - 6pm. La Strada serves very good lunch specials too. Many times I have gone with six plus girlfriends Try it you will enjoy it and go back again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

La Strada has delicious food in a beautiful space. It's located on busy New Dorp Lane, but once you are inside, you forget where you are. The staff is attentive and the wine selection is nice.

on the road
“Rude - they think they're TV stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made and were confirmed for a reservation for dinner the other night. I travelled some distance to visit a friend who is in the area temporarily on an assignment. When we arrived for dinner, we were told to "wait just a minute," by a young man. An older man returned, and told us our reservation would not be honored, because it was Saturday, and they accept only reservations for four or more for Saturdays. That may well be the policy, but it most certainly was not the way the conversation went a few days earlier when we made the arrangements. I don't expect any sympathy here, as there was a 45 minute wait for a table, but even if the food is great, the attitude would have soured the taste. No thanks. There really are other places to eat nearby.

• Visited April 2013
Staten Island
“Consistency is the reason for it's success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've been coming here for the most part every week for over 10 years and never had a sub par meal. The food is excellent, always fresh, especially the fish. The service is second to none. If you want to have one of your best culinary experiences... you need to try La Strada. In addition to their standard menu they have daily specials that will truly please your palate.

• Visited March 2013