“Nothing has changed as far as the quality of food, wine and service - still terribly dissappointing!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fiore Di Mare

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had heard that the food and service had improved since their post-Sandy renovations, but if you know good food and dining, you would agree that this restaurant is terrible.....still. Waiters were running around like they did not know what they were doing, and when our food finally arrived it was cold and unappealing. The seafood antipasto was awful (shrimps and scallops so small they almost disappeared, and the calamari rubberlike), and too expensive given the portion size and lack of flavor. The oso bucco meat was tasty, but the risotto undercooked and flavorless. Tuna was not sushi quality and arrived cold since the waitress must have forgotten about our table....and the restaurant was not that busy. Overall, this neighborhood restaurant is way overpriced and needs a new chef and service staff. We will not be returning to Fiore de Mare, but wish them good luck since they spent lots of money to reopen.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“We enjoy it everytime we go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have always had a delicious meal here. I come here for lunch and dinner with my husband, girlfriends and family- they too have enjoyed it. What I like about this place is they don't rush you out - one can sit, relax and enjoy a meal. I have never been disappointed with a meal here and will continue to come back. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Disappointed with food...although location was very nice..plenty of beautiful yachts..outside .. dangerous entrance.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After reading in Staten Island Advance newspaper about this restaurant and the fact that my husband and I live here in search for wonderful food.. no matter the price we decided to give it a try tonight. Yes this restaurant was shuttered in the wake of hurricane Sandy. The atmosphere was beautiful and new, although rather crowded and tables were really tight.Service was confusing because after ordering a cocktail from one waiter...they never came so another service person came to tell us about the specials before I even had a glass of wine. from the first service person. My husband ordered a very old fashioned drink called a "rusty nail". Server came with my pinot grigio and asked my husband what were the ingredients to his drink. No big deal?!! Gee?? My husband ordered calamari as an appertizer since this place is called "Fiore di Mare" and we figured seafood is their specialty. I ordered a ceaser salad. The calamari was nothing special.Rings tossed out of a bag and fried served with red sauce on the side. Salad was good. I ordered a special..seared sea scallops in a lobster saffron sauce with sauteed spinach. My husband ordered parpadelle al Ragu folded with veal ragu.His dish was tasty but nothing great!! My seared scallops in that special lobster saffron sauce was a disappointment. I knew when I tasted the sauce before trying a scallop that it was not good. Frozen over cooked scallops.I had one and asked my husband to try one to validate my displeasure. I sendt them back and ordered the fastest dish available sitting there while my husband ate his dish upon my insistence. I hate having to send food back...but I also will not eat food that I don't like. There was never an apologetic verval gesture from any of the service staff about my displeasure with my dish.They were like an an unstoppable freight train of uncoordinated service. Well.. dessert was equally unimpressive. one of our waiters?? brought to the table a very uninpressive assortment of cheesecakes. None were impressive..no gelato..tiramisu..saugvinon or even fresh fruit with whipped cream.The expresso was great! I'm sure that many individuals just love this place because of location and ambience. Sorry to say that we will never recommend establishment to anyone or will never go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good, not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been here three times. Each time I think the same thing. The food is good, but nothing great. There are other restaurants in the area that are better, but there are tons that are worse! I would pick this over the restaurant next door though.

Visited July 2012
Staten Island NY
“Eager to Please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Visited recently on a weeknight when I had a hankering for an antipasto plate since I've enjoyed them there before and was unaware they primarily set up their antipasto station on weekends. No worries... they were very accommodating. They prepared an assortment of Reggiano & goat cheeses, Prosciutto di Parma, Italian olives, roasted peppers and tomatoes. That, coupled with their standard complimentary Caponata and bruschetta, was sufficient to satisfy me. My glass of House red wine was not great but drinkable. Hubby thoroughly enjoyed and demolished his generous portion of mushroom ravioli. Topped off with an espresso that was delicious, I was a happy patron. Atmosphere was enjoyable as the weather was still conducive to their open air theme.

• Visited September 2012