“Great service, a fine property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Great service, a fine property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Our kids and granddaughter stayed in a junior suite. Everything was great. Only thing we noted was that some couches/chairs were a bit threadbare, both in the lobby and room -- something easily fixed.
I would recommend this property highly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Staten_Islander,

Thank you for the great rating. We are actually going to be renovating the whole this upcoming year. We hope to have you again at the property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed here after my best friends wedding. We were able to enjoy above and sleep in the commfy beds. The next morning we had a delicious brunch in a private room with out own chef making yummy omelets. I would recomend this hotel to someone on Staten Island. I am actually going to have my best friend's bachlorette party her in November. We are going to eat in the Italin restaurant that is located in the hotel and then go to above. How convenient.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Desiree R,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer to our guest from the rooms, to Lorenzo's, to Above. We always love to have you back really soon. Look foward to seeing you then.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location, location, location! Geographically convenient, pleasant lodgings, but woe to the visitor who gets stuck in a room directly above a noisy ballroom! Such was our fate when in town for a family event. The music from the ballroom pounded through our walls till after midnight. Then we were subject to the drunken rants of guests who yelled and cursed in their rooms next to us above us, and in the hallways till 2:30 AM. I could not fall asleep until 7 AM, and then for only 90 minutes. I would assume weeknights are quieter, but I'd never risk staying there on a weekend again... not if I planned to get any sleep. The only up side was that the second time I complained to front desk staff, they upheld their satisfaction guarantee. Still, I would rather have had a good night's sleep the night before my grandson's Christening than a refund on my room rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Lindacmat,

I want to apology to hear that your stay experience and noise was unsatisfactory. Unfortunately our weekend at the hotel could get a bit noisy because of all the events going on throughout the hotel and our weekdays are much quieter. If you ever decide to stay with us again please let me know and I will make sure that your next stay is more satisfactory.
Somers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was at the Hilton Garden for a quick overnight last week. Upon arrival, I was a little overwhelmed at how crowded the lobby was. I could barely get through to the elevator. However, the room was comfortable and clean and the housekeeping staff was very friendly. Although only in the room to sleep and change clothes, the bed was very comfy and it was quiet on the floor. We stayed around to have brunch in the restaurant on Sunday, which was also very good. Another plus is the location, right off the Expressway at the Goethals Bridge. Nothing worse than getting stuck on the Staten Island Expressway! Overall, the Hilton Garden worked out great although it was a little expensive.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor and we did not hear any bar noise - ask for a room on the upper floors...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mimi W,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and Sunday brunch at Lorenzo's. Weekends at the hotel are very busy with people and events so I want to apology it was hard to get to the elevator and you became a bit overwhelmed when first coming in. We hope to have you again at the hotel.
Greenville,sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was really pretty but pretty does not get a good nights sleep. The noise from the bands was so bad we did not get to sleep until well past midnight after a long day. We complained and were asked if we were not told about the noise,so they knew how bad it was before we got there. Nice hotel for night clubs

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Tom M,

I do want to apologize that you weren't informed at check in that the hotel is a bit busy/noise over the weekends. That's is one thing the Front Desk lets our guests know when checking in. Thank you for letting us know about that so we can remind our desk to explain to our guests.
Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our second stay here. The first time was last year in July 2012 and the place was noisy because there was a wedding going on. After the wedding is over the guests go up to their rooms and continue their drunken silliness running up and down the halls, slamming doors and yelling. So why did I try it again? Because Staten Island has a total of 2 nice hotels, built in this century, without hourly rates, and the other hotel was more money even though it is located accross the parking lot. So I tried again. Bad move, maybe. I got to the hotel around 9pm at night on a Sat. The lot was full, the valet parking for the restaurant or club took up the other lot. I had to park in the other hotels lot and shlep my stuff accross the lots. That was a good 20 min. When I checked in they told me I had access to another lot in the back. Thanks a lot. I wasn't going to get my car and move it then. When I got up to the room I found it near the elevator. No way was I staying there so I shleped my stuff downstairs again and asked for another room. When I got up to the other room the light was out. So I went back down and asked for another room because I didn't want to wait for someone to fix the light. There were no more rooms. So I went back up and waited for the guy to fix the light. He came within 10 min. By then it was 10 pm and I wanted to get to sleep. Nice beds, clean room. The air conditioner rattled and was very noisy. I was able to almost sleep until 12:30 am then all hell broke loose outside my room, people were slamming doors, yelling and running in the halls. I called the front desk 3 times between 1 and 4am. It finally stopped at 4am. I was exhausted. When I woke up in the morning I called the hotel accross the parking lot to see if they had any room for that night. I wasn't staying 1 more night here. They had a room. So I went downstairs and promptly checked out. They gave me a full refund which was good but I was so pissed off I didn't care. So I went to the Hampton Inn, which is owned by the Hilton, and got a room twice the size and $10 more with no noise at night.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding going on. If there is, there is no good room.
Dear Joesupra,

I want to first apologize for the incovenances that you experienced at our hotel from start to finish. Each of our prosperities was sold out that night that you arrived with us on that Saturday. The Hilton is a much busies property on the weekend then the Hampton with all the events that we do host. We do try to do our best to accommodate all guest and their requests, as well as try to keep our leisure guest away from the noise and event guests. As for our valet when you drove up to them that night they should have informed you about the guest parking lot - which I will be speaking with them about so thank you for letting us, know about that. If you are to stay with us again or the Hampton please contact me personally and I will make sure your experiences with us goes much better than last.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

it looks pretty on the outside and the restaurant is nice. the rooms are clean. the room descriptions are terrible on line. and calling the hotel itself doesn't help. we overpaid for a room because of the description and got something we certainly didn't want. No Shaving Mirror! Jonathan at the front desk isn't very pleasant on the phone and did not follow through on request to have pull out bed made up for a late check in. That was frustrating when I went out of my way to make sure it was going to be ready for my son. Late and tired and had to do it myself. Breakfast was really good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kimberly P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I would like to take this time to apologize for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We take all complaints very seriously and want to rectify them to your satisfaction. Your experience is not a common practice here and we would like to make it up to you if given the chance on your next visit. Please contact me personally before you arrive and I will be more than happy to make sure that your next stay is above and beyond your expectations.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!