“GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Staten Island,Ny
“GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have eaten here a few times now and I have found the food very tasty. I have only gone to lunch and ordered off the prix-fixe lunch menu. I have tried the tilapia, veal, eggplant and the chicken. The chicken with the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and mushrooms in a white wine sauce is excellent. The eggplant parm is not as good because they don't put any cheese in between the eggplant layers and their is not alot of cheese on top. This is only my opinion, maybe to others that don't like alot cheese could find it satisfactory. The only other problem I had with the food was with one of the appetizers. The fried calamari was too rubbery because they used squid that was just too large to cook properly. They had the large and thick rubber band type of squid with no legs. I think if they just got the smaller squid they would be just fine.
The service is excellent. You did not have to ask for more water, they always filled up your glass when they seen it was almost empty. They always asked if you want bread etc. The one time we went my mother tried the eggplant parm and she didn't care for it. The waiter came over and ask if their was a problem with the meal and my mother told him. The owner came out and insisted that we make her another meal. We didn't want to make a big deal of it , but the owner said it was no problem and she got my mother another meal.
You can't beat the price of this restaurant too. The lunch special is $12.95 and you get an appetizer, full entree and vegetables, dessert( tiramisu, or lemon sorbet) and coffee or tea. This place has a nice atmoshere and they even have a small party room in the back. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

NY
“Always a pleasure to eat here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Prix fix is a great deal. I usually have salad to start, and pasta carbonara and PEAR TART. Pear Tart is DELICIOUS!!!!
THe bread they give you when you get there is sooo good and has tons of grated cheese on top. Sign me up. Love to ear here. Rob the head waiter is always pleasant and knows his job welL!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“I Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We go to Giuliana's at least once a month. I have never had a bad meal or bad service.

They have accommodated every request we have ever made. Half portions, additions, even things not on the menu. They always tell us, "If we have the ingredients we can make it."

The grilled octopus is especially tasty and if they happen to have the slab bacon as an appetizer you absolutely have to get it. Though I suspect it will not be back I still hold out hope.

The owner (Janet) will almost certainly come over and ask if everything is OK and if the restaurant isn't full the chef tends to say hello.

The prices are average but the quality is far above average so the value is great!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Staten Island, New York
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate there last weekend, and as soon as we walked in we were greeted by the owner and staff.. Great first impression, everyone had smiles on their faces. The drinks were delicious, for an appetizer we had and almond crusted mozzarella stuffed with prociutto and asparagus, one of the best things Ive ever had. The wait staff was very attentive and courteous, we have eaten at places in the city that didnt provide us with food and service like the staff at Giulianas. The rest of our meal was incredible, the atmospshere was great and throughout our meal the friendly owner was seen walking from table to table greeting all of her customers.. I highly recommend this restaurant. BEST ON STATEN ISLAND BY FAR!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Big Dissapointment!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went for dinner tonight with my husband and had a reservation. We arrived and were taken through a very nice front room that was empty until we were broght to our table way in the back extension that was in a clear plastic enclosure with heaters. Not what I was hoping for! The table next to us was set up for a big party so we hoped they would not arrive too soon. Wrong! They arrived before we received our entrees and it was downhill from then on. The food was not good. I had shrimp scampi and spaghetti and my husband had veal parm. His was very chewy and not good. Mine was so bland. Then the final insult! The bill was rediculously expensive for a meal that was not good. Not going back there again for sure! Beware.

• Visited December 2012