“great hotel even better front desk service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Danvers, Illinois
“great hotel even better front desk service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel, it was everything I could expect from a nice hotel. Whenever I needed anything I went right to the service desk and Matthew was there ready and willing to help with anything I needed along with the rest of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saul C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Drake I,

What wonderful comments regarding our superstar front desk associate Matthew! He was elated to hear such positive feedback regarding his service during your time with us here at the Comfort Inn Staten Island. I am glad you also experienced the same friendly service from all of the rest of our team members as our customer service is our pride and joy to offer to every guest. Thank you again for recommending us and for that five star review! We look forward to your next visit to Staten Island all the way from Danvers, Illinois...

Saul Castillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

New York City is my favorite place to visit. I come regularly in the Summer seasons and off and on in the Winter seasons. As much as I love the city, I don't love the price of hotels in the city or driving/parking in the city. I decided to stay on Staten Island since it is close to the city and makes the city easily accessible. I chose the Comfort Inn based on its good prices and location to the Ferry. When I stayed the man at the front desk was so kind to us and helped us out with anything we needed. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I'm taking another trip to the city for my birthday coming up and have already booked this hotel for that stay. I can't wait to stay at this hotel again and interact with the kind and helpful employees. I will also book it for any of my future trips to NY. Thank you Comfort Inn Staten Island for always making all my trips so comfortable and fun.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Saul C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Taylor L,

Great to see such detailed feedback regarding your multiple stays with us. We are delighted to see you enjoy our personal service style along with the outstanding product we provide you every time you stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Staten Island. We have shared your feedback with the associate who assisted you during your most recent stay. We have also noted your upcoming stay with us in our system and glad to know we will host your birthday time! Please let us know if you need anything that we can accommodate to better enjoy your upcoming birthday plans. Thank you again for continuing to recommend us and for that wonderful five star review. We look forward to seeing you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I traveled to the Comfort Inn with my family a few days ago because we were in town visiting family. As soon as we entered the hotel, we were greeted by very kind, helpful people, especially the employee at the front desk, Matthew. He made sure that we had the best visit possible, and told us that anything we needed, he was there to assist us. Overall, the rooms were very clean, and the breakfast was great. Would definitely return on our next visit from Florida.

• Stayed February 2014
Saul C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear DenissaLopez,

What a welcoming review of our Comfort Inn Staten Island hotel! Thank you for the great feedback on your arrival experience and overall trip purpose. We have shared your wonderful comments with Matt, and he was grateful to see your thoughts on his service delivery. We are glad to see we were able to deliver on everything your family needed and made the stay as comfortable as possible along with a tasteful breakfast experience. Thank you again for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit to Staten Island all the way from sunny Florida!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Being on the road a lot with bands is crazy, you run into all kinds of the worst hotel experiences out there. This one was an exception. The awesome guy at the front Matt helped us find some great food, and we were on our way feeling very refreshed. It was great, because it was normal, friendly, and hassle free. Just what I want.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Saul C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Nathan S,

What a great comparison you made from your travels to your experience with us here at the Comfort Inn Staten Island!! Matt was excited to hear and read about the comments you made regarding your experience and we are glad that you felt it a refreshing stay overall. Thank you for your perfect five star review and recommendation! We look forward to your next visit to Staten Island all the way from the windy city Chicago, Illinois...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We only stayed here for one night but it was a nice stay. Check in was easy and quick. Location was ok. The beds were comfy and clean. the only problem was that the room were very small. It was a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saul C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your four star review of our property! We are glad to see you enjoyed our express check-in process that makes everything easier for our guests to begin their experience. Thank you for the comments regarding our comfortable beds as our signature new bedding package really puts the touch of relaxation for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope you enjoyed your time and had an opportunity to experience the local area and or New York City during your stay. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with the size of the guest room but rest assured our rooms are comparable in size to the New York market. Hopefully on your next visit to our area, we can ensure you experience some of our other rooms that offer a more comfortable area to relax. Thank you again for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you soon!

De Leon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Let me first say the ONLY bad thing. The rooms are tiny. We got a king room and there was hardly room to walk.
That said ... What an AMAZING time. The girl at the front desk was so welcoming when we arrived. We inquired about places that delivered and we were not only given menus, but also a recommended a great pizza place ( Goodfellas).
The beds were comfortable and the showers were amazing! I am tall so the extra high shower head was a treat.
The breakfast was good but more limited than other choice properties. And the hotel kept the parking lot clear after it snowed.
All in all, very impressed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the four star review of our property! We are delighted to hear about how impressed you were with the service from our team to how we managed your experience through the recent snow storms in the NY area. We have also shared your wonderful comments with Yesenia, the front desk associate who welcomed you and provided the outstanding recommendation to one of our popular restaurants in the area. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations with the room size, but do rest assured they are comparable to the NY market and we do have some rooms that are more ample in comfort and size that we would love to accommodate you with the next time you are in our area. Our breakfast choices are constantly changing within the brand so although it may have left a limited impression during your visit it will constantly be improving throughout the year to continue to enhance our guest's experience. Thank you again for taking the time and for recommending our property! We look forward to your next visit to Staten Island all the way from De Leon Springs, Florida...

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stay at the Comfort Inn regularly. I am so happy to say the Front Desk Agents always know what room i prefer ahead of time. I like to be able to stay away from noise but have the comfort of not worrying about the elevator. I usually come in on weekend nights and I've grown accustomed to know what agents are around. Stephanie & Lucas are the agents i usually am greeted by. They never fail to make me feel welcome, as well as my wife. Enny the houseman is great with helping me put my luggage away. I know this hotel doesnt offer room service, but they never fail to lend the extra hand! Staying here is something i'll always recommend!

Room Tip: I recommend the first floor