“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay very much, the hotel was extremely clean. The gentlemen at the front desk, Matthew was extremely helpful with directing me to my room as well as informing me of places around the hotel to go to and directions to said places. I would most definitely recommend people to stay here and only hope that Matthew is at the front desk for them to begin their wonderful experience as soon as they step into the lobby.

• Stayed October 2013
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, November 8, 2013

I am very pleased to read your words. We here at the Comfort Inn would like to take pride in our work and I am happy to read that our associate Matthew was able to help you out so well. I will be sure to share your message with him so that he knows that people take note of his efforts.

Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Staten Island,

Warm Regards,

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hotel was clean and the bed was comfy but the room is VERY small. My only complaint was the rude gentleman at the front desk when we arrived and when we checked out. He had an attitude and was not helpful when inquiring about transportation to Manhattan on our first day then impolitely called our room at 11:45am the morning of check out telling us that we had 15 minutes until check out. They really need someone with a better attitude attending to their paying customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Good day to you Bern,

I have to say that as I read this that I am glad to know that you enjoyed the accommodations and I am Saddened to hear about your experience with the staff member. I wish that I could have spoken to you directly before you left so I can address any issues you have had. I can assure you that this in no way reflects our hotels track record.

If it would not be to much trouble please let me know if we can speak at some point. I would like to hear it straight from you. It would be a great service to me for if not for our guest how will we know how we are doing. In case you need it the hotel # is 718-370-8555.

I appreciate you taking time to write on this and hope that we you will allow us here at the Comfort Inn to meet and Exceed your expectations. Have a pleasant day.

- Samuel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Yes, the rooms are a little small. Great bed, free parking, quiet neighborhood. Great free breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Staying on Staten Island and taking the Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan is so much cheaper and easier than driving to Manhattan!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day to you AmericanGirl,

It is so nice to read your message. You made such a good point that you can stay in NY (with us) and not have to deal with the Manhattan prices. However with our shuttle service it is easy access to the city through the ferry. I am so pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to send this out to the hotel staff members so that they can know that their work is so appreciated. Please let us know when you are returning so that we can thank you properly. Have a great day and thank you yet again.

- Samuel E
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hotel is clean and rooms are comfy. I was surprised to know there is a shuttle that can take you to
St.George ferry terminal that goes nearly every hour. The breakfast is basic but okay.
I recommend to anyone. no regrets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day to you Johnny,

I am so happy to read your message. It is always a pleasure to know that our hotel is taking care of and exceeding guest expectations. Please let us know when you are returning for your next visit perhaps we can offer you a return stay discount if you come here often enough. As well as I hope you are taking advantage of the hotel reward program of Choice Privileges so that you can earn points that you can use for the stay in the future. Thanks again for your comment and have a blessed day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

In New Jersey for a fencing tournament. Great hotel for a weekend. Rooms are small, but very clean and comfortable. Ideal as a base for sight-seeing.
24 hour coffee and tea are a nice touch. Good breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013
Good day to you Fencin,

I am glad that you had such a good time with us. Fencing is such an interesting sport and I am glad that we were able to take care of your needs. Perhaps if you come here often enough (regularly or annually) we can arrange something for you in the future like a secured rate. I am sure that we can then attend to your needs even further. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write about your experiences with our hotel. I can assure you that I will pass along your words to our staff members so they can know of our guest feedback.

I hope that you find this message well and that we see you again in the near future.

- Samuel
Collegeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel every week (3-4 days) since March and I have been completely pleased with accomdations on all levels. The front desk rep (Stephanie LLorca) is outstanding and extermely helpful with my reservations and air line flights. She is always cheerful and upbeat.

The hotel and rooms are very clean and the beds are "comfy". The pricing is very economical and I highly recommend this hotel whenever you visit NY.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good day to you Mr. J,

I am so pleased to read your message. It is always a nice to hear that our staff members are being recognized. I know that Stephanie will be very appreciative of your kind words. It is our hopes to keep every guest feel welcomed at our property and I glad that based on your words we are doing just that.

Please if you know of anything that can make your stay more enjoyable please let us know.

I hope this message finds you well.

Austintown, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice place to lay your head . Rooms are small , but clean . Good breakfast, they have a shuttle to the ferry or just drive down yourself .would stay again when visiting NYC !!!!!!! Not much in area around there so bring a snack back !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Good day to you Sir,

I am very thankful that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy the ferry service as well as a great night sleep. I appreciate the feedback that you have given us. Please let us know when you are in town again.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

-Sam

Been to Comfort Inn Staten Island? Share your experiences!