“It is nothing like Barcelona” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
S Wales
“It is nothing like Barcelona”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went here as the wife had read on TA that it was 'was just like being in Barcelona' - trust me it isn't - unless, perhaps, you frequent the blatant tourist joints in Barcelona.

Very average. Family of five had six tapas dishes. Two of which I'd order again.

They tried to charge us for two bottles of wine. To be fair, the first one we ordered was 'out of stock' (it was the cheapest bottle they had at $26) and they apparently forgot to remove it. Genuine mistake or the oldest trick in the book?

Everything was average. An experience we won't remember.

93% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“feels like barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

brought me right back to spain whilst backpacking Europe. was an exciting feeling and many mixed emotions.
I will bring a celebratory party here again and again.
thank you all for a fantastic evening of delight and tasty foods

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“**good food cozy place**”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I came here for dinner with our friends we had 45 min. wait which was not to bad considering a weekend nite , beso is a very nice place to enjoy tapas and many other different dishes however it is a little expensive, but worth it when you're in the mood for spanish cuisine, the marinated garlic&olives and homemade bread were delicious, while waiting I went to the bar and ordered a pitcher of red sangria for our ladies it was kind of tart and $28 bucks in my opinion it was overpriced a load of ice with some wine and fruit juice, our server was nice but inattentive , it is a little tough to find parking, overall not a bad experience , I will come back here in the future minus the sangria.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“top tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This review is limited to the tapas. Three of us met for lunch Sunday. First time there for all of us.
Eating light as of late led me to the tapas section of the menu. There is a $19.95 Sunday brunch menu. It looks good but too much food for me. There was a nice ambience. It felt like Barcelona or Madrid might feel. It's a low lighting, small, downstairs restaurant. There is a nice curved bar where some were eating lunch. Live music, a guitarist was a nice touch. I don't know when the music is there and when it is not but I enjoyed the background entertainment, which did not interfere with conversation. I ordered 4 tapas for the three of us to share. We had the fried goat cheese with lemon-honey sauce. It was one of the best things I ever ate. It could have been a dessert..this alone warrants the 5 star rating. Tierra y mar was a combination of lamb chops,scallops,shrimp and calamri...it was also excellent. The guacamole with crab and chipotle was delicious and filling......there was plenty of crab. The 4th dish was the Portobello mushroom with tomato-onion topping. It was good but not special. Service was good. My brother had a reasonably priced glass of merlot which he enjoyed. I can't wait to go back. Especially on a Sunday afternoon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Favorite Sunday Brunch Hangout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is one of my ultimate favorite Sunday brunch hangouts. The food, the drinks, and the music are so elegantly tasteful. I have to admit the service is a bit slow and they need to be up on their game. Besides that I have to say I tasted almost every item on the menus and they have not failed to fulfill my taste buds. I think I am hooked on this place. I cannot get enough of Beso. The place is very romantic and cozy. It is a wonderful place to go on a date or be with your significant other on a special occasion and have a wonderful time where it does not hurt your wallet because the prices are very reasonable. Staten Island has done it again. Great place to be on Sundays after a an enjoyable Ferry ride.

• Visited November 2013