“Nice Tour, Takes forever to get there from NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 21 Attractions in Staten Island
Type: Historic Sites, Museums, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreated village has period buildings from the late 17th to the late 19th centuries.
San Jose, California
24 attraction reviews
“Nice Tour, Takes forever to get there from NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We took the subway to the Staten Island Ferry, enjoyed the ride, then boarded a bus to RIchmond. Little did we know the bus was winding around cow paths and dozens of stops to Richmond. So that was a boring hour with little to see.
Richmond is a collection of houses and shops moved from around the island to this location. For the $8 fee late in the day, we were almost forgotten since we were the only 3 people in the 'tour'. But Michael showed up and gave us a great personal tour of the old buildings, the country store, the schoolhouse, etc. Long story short, this place would be packed with tourists if it weren't so hard to get to from NYC. Before taking the bus, find out what a taxi costs to get there. Getting back there wont be any taxis unless you call for one.

Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
203 attraction reviews
1,697 helpful votes 1,697 helpful votes
“Walk Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I went to meet friends on Statin Island and was a little early. I walked the streets of this historic area. It's always a good experience to see something you are not familiar with. I think yon would enjoy taking the ferry (free),and having a stroll around Staten Island.

Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
“Nothing to see here folks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

A few small historic buildings. No coffee shops, nothing. About 8 people midday on a holiday weekend. An old video on an old tv in the small welcome center. The museum store was about a 5x5 with some cheap stuff. We saw signs that an $18 million renovation is coming soon to make the place more visitable. If you're very much into history, it might be for you if you already happen to be in the area. Otherwise wait til the do something with the place.

Visited May 2014
Fair Play, South Carolina
36 attraction reviews
“Great historical experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We went here a few times in the past and every time you learn something new. Take the tour of the buildings and life style during colonial times as it's well worth it!

Visited June 2013
Staten Island, NY
14 attraction reviews
“Unimaginably spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

When I moved to Staten Island, I saw the sign for Uncorked, but for the first two years, it occurred on days when I already had plans. I finally got to go last summer and I am dying for Uncorked 2014 to happen. It far exceeded my expectations! The wine was wonderful, the food spectacular and abundant! It is by far the best way to get a taste of the local restaurants and wine. I never expected it to be that great. I tell everyone I know about it and tell them not to miss it. It is a MUST DO!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! If you come once, you will never miss it again!!!

Visited June 2013