“Bug Infested - Worst Hotel - Arrogant Management” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hampton Holiday BOGO
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Southampton
New York City, New York
“Bug Infested - Worst Hotel - Arrogant Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I checked into my room at the Southampton Inn. I found what appeared to be a silverfish (insect) crawling on the bed. The room itself was very plain and looked like it hadn't been renovated in years. Also, it was rather musty (typically a sign of mold) so I decided to leave. The hotel refused to give me a refund, even though I just made the reservation that afternoon and was in the room for no more than three minutes. Despite not giving me a refund, I decided to leave anyway. Nothing is worth sleeping with insects; I would have gone camping if that was what I was looking for. This is a terrible hotel and the front desk was aloof and arrogant. They even called the owner/manager, who also refused a request for a refund. I am in the hotel business and this is no way to run a hotel. This place is horrible.

By the way, the front desk's response to the insect? "We are in the countty so there will always be bugs and insects in the room." So for anyone staying at this dump, good luck with the insects.

• Stayed November 2013
SouthamptonInnNY, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Unfortunately, this guest checked into a room in the country and, yes, there are sometimes insects. In this case, it was a caterpillar. The front desk offered several other rooms in different locations throughout the property but the guest refused to even see other accommodations. In fact, this guest demanded speaking with "ownership" and insisted on "special treatment because he said he had friends who knew management". While we do apologize to any visitors who do not enjoy the Southampton experience, we are pleased that over 70% of our guests return time after time; that our occupancies have risen every year with repeat customers and their friends and referrals. Most guests are delighted with the immaculate rooms, magnificent location, friendly and polite service, and the myriad of activities for all from children to corporate meeting planner, to weddings, to empty nesters exploring the beaches, art galleries, et al.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I didn't stay at the Southampton Inn, although I wanted to...
I tried to make a reservation on the phone but after giving all my info they weren't able to charge my credit card. First they said it was my CC's problem, then they realized their system had issues.
No problem I said- call me back when it's back up.
As I didn't hear from them again, I decided to call back. Apparently they had lost all my info so I would have had to go over every detail again- pressed for time, I asked them to email me to finalize the reservation. Of course, I never heard from them again.
A few days later, I get charged twice for a total of almost $450!
I call to get some explanations in the following days and up to today, no one is able to tell me anything useful. The phone call goes like this: I explain what happened, they say they'll look into it, then nothing... Until I call back and have to explain all over again to a different, completely clueless receptionist my situation.
Exhausted by the staff incompetence, I just decided to dispute the charges directly with my credit card company.
Do yourself a favor and find a different place to stay in Southampton (the neighboring Village Latch Inn is a cozy, charming hotel). The staff should get a lesson in hospitality 101. Stay away!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived late and had little choice of where to stay as it was dark and out of season and this was the first place we found after trying a lit but empty motel. Plenty of parking and the room was a good size with two large beds. Downside was there was no tea or coffee making facility.
As this hotel is very close to the town finding somewhere to eat was easy enough but beware everywhere is double the prices of anywhere else. The pizza place about 100 yards away was really good and not to bad price wise.
It is also good for getting to the beach, and its walkable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Perfect location. Unpretentious hotel. Breakfast a bit costly but food was good and so was service. Great bed. Friendly staff. Very clean and neat. Everything well maintained. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island City, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I recently got married at this exquisite Inn on September 15th. The staff there was so warm and caring, in other words, I asked for it and I got more than I ever imagined. I had a small wedding which was breathe taking from the ceremony to the reception. My stay there was welcoming and very relaxing. The room was was perfect. If I was to to this over again I would no other place but tne Southampton Inn. From the Daley Family we thank you a million.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went to the Southampton in July... $400 per nite, but everything else is expensive too.
Everything I wanted .... Location ... Location Location.... Right in town, close to beaches and train station.

Rooms were clean and well decorated. Friendly staff... Good restaurant..

You can't do better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Beach, Fla
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The town was beautiful and the property advertised itself as luxury stay, but the stay was anything but. The service from some of the staff was just not very professional. One of the female staff at the front desk Destiny lost our reservation it took over an hour to fix . To be fair, some of the staff were nice, but overall, training seemed to be lacking and the service quality was sub par. The rooms were semi-clean...... but smelled like farts. The bathroom was very small ......Pookie complained the whole time we stayed. The A/C was loud, and the wireless Internet did not work. Overall, not a pleasant stay at all. The place was loaded with obnoxious "NYJs" WOW what a pain. OMG!!! There are brown stains on the ceiling tiles throughout the restaurant that seem to coincide with the toilets above needless to say we did not stay to eat or drink. Our eggs were burnt and dirty YUCK if the dining room is this dirty and unkempt can you imagine what the kitchen looks like YUCK!! This place would be O K for $ 50 a night in the Pocono mountains ......but $ 600 a night is robbery. There must be a better place xoxo Kasha

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!