“Over priced motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Southampton
South Beach, Fla
“Over priced motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The town was beautiful and the property advertised itself as luxury stay, but the stay was anything but. The service from some of the staff was just not very professional. One of the female staff at the front desk Destiny lost our reservation it took over an hour to fix . To be fair, some of the staff were nice, but overall, training seemed to be lacking and the service quality was sub par. The rooms were semi-clean...... but smelled like farts. The bathroom was very small ......Pookie complained the whole time we stayed. The A/C was loud, and the wireless Internet did not work. Overall, not a pleasant stay at all. The place was loaded with obnoxious "NYJs" WOW what a pain. OMG!!! There are brown stains on the ceiling tiles throughout the restaurant that seem to coincide with the toilets above needless to say we did not stay to eat or drink. Our eggs were burnt and dirty YUCK if the dining room is this dirty and unkempt can you imagine what the kitchen looks like YUCK!! This place would be O K for $ 50 a night in the Pocono mountains ......but $ 600 a night is robbery. There must be a better place xoxo Kasha

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Muttontown, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spend 4 days at the Southhampton Inn for the Hampton classic horse show. It is a glorified over priced motel with poor service and no amenities. there is no fitness center and they dont even serve their guests coffee all this for $400 a night and $500 on the weekend. My biggest complaint is their invasion of privacy. My wife and I don't like people in or room when we are not there. we informed management of this and every time we left the room we placed a do bot disturb sign on the door. twice during our 4 day stay they entered our room moved and went through our things. They had no explanation and no reason for not respecting our wishes.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pelham, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location is the name of the game at this southampton hotel.You are right in the middle of the town here; beaches,restaurants,movies and shopping are within walking distance.The hotel itself is adequate at best it could be cleaner and the staff at the front desk could be nicer.Rates are high in season but we stayed in the winter for the night and had a nice time rates were significantly lower we still enjoyed ourselves walking to everything in town.The pool is a nice edition and very clean. We had breakfast in the hotels restaurant which was a mistake it took so long and simply was not good. Overall it still the best hotel in southampton to stay we will continue to return

Room Tip: choose a top floor room facing the pool its quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Southampton Inn is basically a nicely landscaped Holiday Inn. You would think for what they are charging for rooms you would have a better experience, unfortunately the bad out weighs the good.

I would say 1 out of 10 staff members I had dealings with were pleasant. The rest are rude, inept, and socially awkward. It makes one wonder what they are being paid which should be well based on the room rates. I witnessed one young man behind the desk snicker and comment about a guest they had just assisted. If you are carrying your bags and a staff member sees you, especially a young man, they turn and run the other way. Thanks for your help. One last comment on the staff. I overheard an altercation between the apparent owner and several guests. She was down right rude and maintained a condescending attitude through out the conversation. Perhaps she should remember without guests you have no business.

The rooms - they are loud! The slamming doors, the creaky stairs and the thin walls make for a not so nice sleep. Speaking of which if you are one who likes to get up at 7:00 am this place is for you as that is when they begin preparing the grounds for the day. Chairs, moving, tables being cleaned followed by the leaf blower. Try and block out that noise by using the ac/heater, no such luck the unit is louder then hell and switches on and off constantly. That is while the sun and outside lights will be blazing into your room as there are NO curtains, just an old wooden blind.

They offer free wireless internet in your room. They lie. It doesn't work in any spot but the lobby. When I called down to see what the situation was as I couldn't connect to get work done. I was told in no uncertain terms that, "Well, it works just fine in the lobby and you should come down here." I didn't book a hotel room to sit in the lobby and do my work. One reason I chose the Inn was because of the free in room wireless. After speaking with other guests they too were very frustrated over the out dated internet access.

There is a restaurant on site. Skip it unless you prefer dish water coffee, cold toast and slop oatmeal. You have to ask for milk, butter and water. The wait staff also seems to have a fear of the cook. I felt sorry for them as they were very nice college kids. Also, I don't think eating with the odor of mildew present is appetizing.

Basically, save your money and stay at a nice place either in East Hampton or Amagansett. If however you must stay in Southampton you would get the same level of comfort, better hospitality and a reasonable rate at the Southampton Hotel or a Bed and Breakfast where you can get a mug of coffee for less then the $3.00 charge at the Southampton Inn.

There was art scattered about in the conference areas - rooms and the hallway. When I inquired about it, particularly some lovely photographs I was met with blank stares, no one seemed to know if I could purchase or what the story was. Sad for the artist.

So I have to advise that Southampton Inn is NOT living up to the quality standards expected for a beautiful town such as Southampton,the rates charged or the glorification of the property as stated on the website.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past 3 yrs during the summer season. The location is superb, with Main Street within a stone's throw away. It's easy to walk to all of the great restaurants and shops in Southampton, and Bridgehampton and Easthampton are a 15 to 25 min. drive, and offer many more options for dining and shopping. There are also several good wineries within 15 min. of the hotel, and there are often art exhibits and designer show houses nearby.
The downside...the hotel has a slight "econo lodge" feel to it, and the prices are pretty steep. (About $400 per night) The room decor is is comfortable, but they lack charm. Get ready to lug your own suitcases to your room, and some of them are on the 2nd floor.
The restaurant is acceptable, but with all of the great restaurants in town, I'd opt for dining at one of them instead of at the hotel.
Will I stay here again? Probably. Why? Because of the location, but I will do so grudgingly.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor unless you want to lug your bags up the stairs to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel for a long weekend for my wedding. I was pleasantly surprised since over the years i never found a nice place in the east end Hamptons. The grounds are really quite nice and expansive. The rooms are nicely furnished. I was surprised to see an inn in the Hamptons that offers a restaurant with garden dining, nice pool, and shuttle service. There really is no nicer place to stay in the east end Hamptons.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jackson NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I should have read the reviews more carefully before booking however, booking a hotel in the Hamptons at peak season in July left me with very few hotel options. So I settled for the Southampton Inn and was very disappointed with my stay and would not stay again nor recommend this establishment. Ameneties are sub-par than that of your typical hotel chain. A complimentary cup of coffee in the morning would have been nice instead of having to buy at the hotel restaurant along with my breakfast. Room was mediocre furnished with basics, a desk, lamps, tv, bed, linens, shampoo, no conditioner, soap, towels, hairdryer. Bug was found this morning in the bathtub to my surprise. Made me re-think how clean the room really was. Wireless was impossible to access even with the hotel username and password. Had to use my wireless card to access the internet and do some work after hours. Don't bother dining at the hotel restaurant, took 5 minutes for myself and others to be greeted and sat by overworked staff who I truly felt sorry for. There was no manager to be found for complaints or compliments. Food was good but I had to keep asking my server for a place setting, coffee, water, to place my order etc. I felt truly sorry for the two servers waiting on over 8 tables during breakfast rush so I left a decent tip even though service was shotty. Management is no where to be found and the employees are not empowered to assist hotel guests should a situation arise where extra customer care is required. Truly a shame. All in all, if you are looking for an overpriced, basic room to spend the night, this is your place, if not, keep searching, I'm sure any other place is better than this especially in the Hamptons.

Room Tip: Keep looking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!