I came here recently on an off-season weekend in April. I was here once before during high-season two years ago.
The positives of this property are the fact that it is walking distance to town, which means you don't have to have a car while staying here, and if you do, you can avoid parking issues in town. The shuttle to the beach is invaluable, since parking is for permit-holders only. The shuttle only runs during peak summer months, however. The double queen room I stayed in was quite comfortable. I especially liked the bedding. I didn't have any problems with noise from other rooms or outside (as other reviewers mentioned), but I think that has to do with the fact that I wear earplugs while sleeping, and the inn was not full while I was there. I also stayed in a second floor room, so I didn't have to deal with any early morning or late night noise from above. The receptionist who checked me in was very pleasant. The garden is very pretty as is the library.
Some negatives included the lack of electrical outlets in the room. There were very few that were accessible. The WIFI was almost unusable. The price is high. I was surprised to pay the same amount of money for a room during off-season that I paid during high-season two years ago, but perhaps the prices have risen altogether since then. I still think that $200 (without tax) per night is quite a lot to pay during low-season, especially since the shuttle to the beach is not up and running yet, nor is the onsite restaurant, the pool is not yet open, etc. The cancellation policy is very strict, which could be understandable during the busiest months, but not during low-season. Finally, the check-in time of 4 p.m. is annoying.
I might stay here again, because the town is so nice and Cooper's Beach is so nice, but I might not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Southampton Inn is a gracious 90 room hotel in the heart of Southampton Village. Set on 5 luciously landscaped acres and expansive lawns, we are only steps from some of the best shopping and restaurants in the Hamptons. During the summer season, we are proud to provide shuttle service to and from Coopers Beach, named the #1 Beach in America by Dr. Beach in 2010. Our kitchen is delighted to prepare delicious fare and present it to you in our own Oso restaurant, the Euro-esque courtyard or the patio adjoining our heated outdoor pool, from 7a.m. to 7p.m. 7 days a week in season. Best of all, our friendly and courteous staff is available 24 hours a day with all the Hampton's Inside Information to make your stay all the more special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Southampton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Inn NY - Hamptons
- Southampton Bed Breakfast
- Southampton Inn Southampton
- Southampton b&b