“Helpful And Caring Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Midweek Specials
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Southampton
Mount Vernon, NY
“Helpful And Caring Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Southampton Inn in the past and was always satisfied with the level of service. During my recent trip, however the staff, Nora, Kat and Luis, were exceptionally helpful; I had lost a towel which has overwhelming sentimental value and they had houskeeping conduct a search of the laundry to try and find it.
The towel was found and returned.
I highly recommend the Southampton Inn if you are thinking about a stay on Long Island.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for enjoying your recent stay and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers. On behalf of the front desk and our entire staff, we look foward to your future visits!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We just got back from a sunday-monday stay at the Southampton Inn. Nothing wrong with this place (I was scared as I read some of the reviews after I booked). Clean rooms, comfortable beds, we were granted the request for 2 queens and not charged for the kids in the room. I did not find any bed bugs as some reviews mention and the place was clean. The beach shuttle is great plus it makes the whole experience very easy (they have towels, chairs and umbrellas).
Everything was as planned and I would easily return to this place.

The only hting I did not like is the TV is not HD and the hotel charged me $3 for coffee!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
scottsdale, az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I read the reviews after I had booked this hotel. I only use this forum to write postive reviews as I am also a small business owner. But clearly there is a lack of management and leadership at this hotel. I had called days prior to notify them we would have a late check in due to our flight and wanted to make sure we secured our king room. Instead the evening person had a choice of two different queen rooms with no ability to change for our three day stay. Bear in mind they had taken
A full deposit for two nights at booking and the third night the day prior. There appeared to be no sense of pride in the surroundings of the inn. We observed wine glasses sitting out on rails for two days as well as bags of garbage. Towels had tears and holes that were in the bathroom. Staff appeared rumbled and disorganized.
Pluses are the beds are comfortable, pool and grounds are nice. Beach chairs, umbrellas, toys etc available for guests to use. Shuttle to coopers beach beats the $40 at the lot or walking two miles each way in the humidity. We didn't have a car so it was nice to walk in the village which was the next block. Would I stay again? The answer is no.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
We are always concerned when guests do not enjoy their stays. But for readers of TripAdvisor, we want to emphasize that approximately 65% of our guests return year after year, that senior management has been with the company for many years, that our housekeeping and maintenance staff do an outstanding job of insuring immaculate guest rooms and public facilities. We reflect an unassuming, friendly relaxed environment for over 40,000 annual visitors. We take pride in the positive experiences from thousands of loyal guests and will try harder for the very few who report negative visits.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Knowing that hotel rooms are limited in the Hamptons, I planned early. I had business in the area and booked my room well in advance. On my day of arrival the Southampton Inn claimed they had no record of the reservation. I had a printed confirmation and confirmation number and they did not even care to see it. I was literally boarding the plane. I asked if they would do me the courtesy of making a few calls locally to help me find another room. They couldn't have cared less. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was none available.

I missed the event I was scheduled to attend. A complete and total waste. When I returned to the office I had an email from the Southampton Inn(with my original confirmation number) asking me how I enjoyed my stay. They had no record of my reservation? Really?

Buyer, BEWARE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
It is unfortunate that you had an unplesant experience. However, for clarification, there is always a Mnager on duty or if it is late in the evening reachable by phone. The first thing we ask a guest for when they call to confirm a reservation is their name and or confirmation number, This is the only way to retrieve reservation information.

When we dod not have availability we reccomend other locations and we make calls daily to other hotels and B&B's so that we can recommend them, so to say that the staff would not help you find an alternate location seems unrealistic. Especially when it is a daily practice to determnine this information. That being said if you would like to speak to a manager please give us a call and we will be delighted to speak with you directly.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very disappointing stay here 10 days ago.
Place is weary and staff don't seem to have a clue what's going on much of the time. Seems like they try to make a killing in the summer months, overpriced and service with attitude.
In keeping with another post here further down-my wife also discovered nasty bites on her ankle and one wrist during our stay that fit the description of bed bugs.Called the hotel 2x to talk to the Manager and they seem never to be there or not available!

I am not surprised, given the general feel of the place. I surely won't be recommending!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Former Guest,

Management is always reachable at the Southampton Inn. There is always a manager on duty unless it is late in the evening but we can be reached by phone if needed. Let me asure you and your wife that the Southampton Inn does not have bed Bugs. We have tempurpedic mattresses which are also protected by sealed mattress covers which are know not to be breading grounds for bed bugs. Any complaints of htat nature are taken very seriously and delt with by professionals. The health and welfare of our guests is very important to us. Please feel free to call the Inn anytime to discuss your stay with a manager and we will be happy to speak with you.

Regards,
Management
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The property is very large, plenty of places to roam and enjoy outdoor or indoor seating. Room was good size and bathroom very nice. Bed comfortable and linens nice quality. Servers very accommodating and worked hard. Front desk could be more professional in approaching guests. Convenient walk to town restaurants and shops. Nice free service to the beautiful beach. Free towels and $5 chair rental made the beach day a wonderful experience. Negative would be for price of the rooms for weekend stay....no guest amenities like free coffee in the morning. I need my coffee and every hotel in NYC and Europe offer their guests coffee (at minimum). Shocked that two styrofoam cups cost $6.35....was told free refills. Not an inviting way to welcome guests, Management of this property needs make guests feel more at home and spa like, A very expensive weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

When we arrived they said they could not find our reservation. Then they found it and said it had inadvertly been cancelled; that they had tried to contact us (not). No recourse; no remorse. We got a room at the place next door and they said the Southampton Inn has been experiencing a lot of computer glitches this year and that this is not uncommon. We recommend you call them often to confirm you have a room. It's not fun arriving in the Hamptons late at night in the rain with no place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!