“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

finaly a indian cuisine in southampton ny.
food is simply delicious and the service is excellent place is new and neat .
owner /manager super friendly will answer any question you have . you will feel comfortable at this new place and also many options on the menu . if you love lamb you have several choices . try it out you wont regret .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southampton, New York
“low Hamptons prices for good indian food and decent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good space; decent wait staff but obviously a new restaurant and working on the service end of it, everyone had a good attitude;
Food was very good; Prices ok

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sag Harbor, New York
“I enjoyed it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Brought my family to Saaz last Sunday for their buffet lunch. Definitely worth it! I was able to taste many different dishes and enjoyed each one. For $15 a person, they served a soup, a salad, a fried appetizer of some sort that was delicious. They also served Malai Kofta and Dal Makhni which were both really good. Two different vegetable dishes, basmati rice, some type of fish curry that actually was excellent and a bit spicy. Also Chicken Tikka Masala which i can't stop thinking about because it was so good, and lastly, two different desserts. But wait, on top of all that, they bring a platter of tandoori chicken and a basket of naan to each table. So much food. I will definitely be heading back there. This time to order off the menu. I look forward to tasting their samosas, dosas and biryani dishes. Service was great, you can tell it is a family run business. The hostess was warm and inviting. Restaurant is comfortable, clean and pretty inside. No complaints here, and I would recommend to any Indian Food lover! So glad they are here in the Hamptons!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“Delicious Indian Cuisine in Southampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My son and I stopped at Saaz on the way back from a Montauk day trip. Although the exterior is nothing special, once inside we were impressed by the inviting and upscale appearance- we sat next to the jeweled Indian wall art and were greeted by the attentive staff. We enjoyed flavorful and delicious samosa appetizers and I tried the tofu tikka masala. I loved the tofu option and was surprised how much I loved it. My son devoured the curry and was loving every sip of his Mango Lassie. We have been to other Indian restaurants and recommend Saaz without hesitation. It has an extensive menu sure to please anyone in a dining group. Can't wait 'til our next trip out east to make a stop here again!

New York City, New York
“Saaz has potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Oh, dear! Where to begin? I will start by saying that I really want Saaz to succeed. I love Indian cuisine and there is no Indian restaurant in the Hamptons. But this new restaurant must try harder and do it fast. If they do not improve fast they will close by the end of the 2014 summer season.

Had dinner at Saaz on Monday night. The space is very nice. Several busy tables but the restaurant was hardly full. The hostess was not readily available when we got there but when she did show up she was personable and charming.

First surprise, was the Indian beer we ordered: it was not chilled and had to ask them to place it in the freezer for a few minutes. Se eral minutes later we got up ourselves to get it from the bar since the waitress had not been back to the table and was not looking our way. Second surprise: on the wine list there was only one rosè...for $99! I ordered sauvignon blanc by the glass.

Next surprise: the flat breads that are brought to any Indian table before dinner were not crispy as they are supposed to be.

The food was good, but not spectacular. I am not enough of an Indian food expert to judge. The gobhi was good, the biryani was bland, the somosa appetizer was the most interesting.

Upon leaving nobody said good-bye, nobody checked on us to find out whether everything was okay. Which is a bit surprising considering that the place is new. Shouldn't they be particularly interested in the customers' feedback?

Not a terrible experience but mediocre enough that we will go back with extreme caution and hesitation. Mainly for the purpose of supporting a new establishment that we would very much like to patronize in the future. IF they get their act together.

• 3 of 5 stars Food