I was expecting more from this motel. I read the nice reviews on Tripadvisor and the motel website provides a very nice impression of the motel - particularly the photos.
Areas that I think are worth noting:
1. Room size - the rooms are compact - the room generally but particularly the bathroom. So two people will find the accommodation quite tight. I had a room to myself and felt like I didn't have alot of space.
2. Cleanliness - the rooms are not properly cleaned. The sheets had stains on them and there a musty smell in the room. The rooms seemed old and in need of further updating and renovation - particuarly the bathrooms.
3. Location - located a nice 10 minute walk into the main street of Southampton. Well located for expoloring most of the Hamptons.
4. Overnight style Accommodation - the room did not really feel comfortable. It was ok for a night to drop bags and head out and tour around the area. But I would only want to spend minimal time in the room. I guess the lack of cleanliness did not help but the size of the room also was an issue.
I would look for alternative accommodation options next time.
- Also Known As:
- Southampton Village Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Village Motel NY - Hamptons
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We will have our Grand Re-Opening on April 1,2014. Our accommodations have been totally updated to offer you the most comfortableexperience during your stay with us! ... more less