“Clean and quiet even if next to main road” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Southampton Long Island Hotel

You added Southampton Long Island Hotel to your Saves list
Southampton Long Island Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   450 County Rd 39, Southampton, NY 11968 (Formerly Southampton Escape Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Off Direct Booking
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Southampton
brussels
“Clean and quiet even if next to main road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

just right if you're looking for a good deal in the hamptons. If you don't have a car well... forget the expensive cabs, but ride a bike instead. 15 min to main street of southampton, 25 min to the closest beach. we had a good stay, but prepare your trip since the staff wo'nt be much helpful. also, keep in mind that the pool is only open during summer. for the rest, everything was fine. the rooms were cosy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bergen County, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

The room was extremely small. There were no mirrors , a leaky refrigerator under the rack for hanging clothes. The bed was comfortable but the duvet cover was stained. There was a small air conditioning unit in a window that worked well but was very noisy. The pool a few feet away was situated on a lovely lawn but it looked abandoned and was closed. We were up early one morning to see a doe and two fawns walking toward the woods behind the hotel which was nice .The place reminded me of a motel from the sixties - soda machines included. I know this is the Hamptons but come on... my bad for not arranging a place to stay sooner than I did because this is what we ended up with. Also, I was told by a past professor at Southampton college that this used to be the dorms. Then it all made sense... even the price! What a rip off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

For $99 on a Thursday night in July, it was a bargain to be in Southhampton, albeit, you had a nice ride to Montauk, but we made it another 'trip" - Room was near pool (that needed some renovation, but if you wanted to get cool, it was outside your room), very clean with wood floors (no nasty carpet) clean updated bathroom and a nice size flat screen tv on the wall - we only slept there (did not stay on premises during the day) because we were out all day through the early morning. So, if you are on a budget and want to go to the Hamptons, pack your cooler and stay here (The Southhampton Enclave).

Stayed July 2010
Cresskill, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Despite the sketchy reviews, we decided to give the Enclave Inn a shot. It was our first visit to Southampton, and we chose this place because the price was reasonable (for Southampton, anyway!) . The room's main area was very large and roomy, but the separate bedroom was so close to the road that it was very difficult to dose off at night.
Honestly, I don't think the constant traffic let up until the wee hours of the morning. And it started again at the crack of dawn! I finally had to sleep with a pillow over my head!! I think that if the management/owner invested some time and money and removed the large window that faced the road, that the noise factor wouldn't be such an issue. On the positive note, the staff was very helpful and more than accommodating during our short stay.

• Stayed July 2010
yorkshire england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed here as part of a large trip around the East coast area of USA and stayed in 5 different hotels/motels, including our final night in the Waldorf Towers, New York. Having read the bad previous reports I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived.

This is not the Four Seasons, but it dosn't claim to be. It cost the two of us $99 dollars a night, for a small motel type room, decorated in the New England style, which was very clean, had a flat screen TV, microwave, fridge,safe and bathroom with good towels. The grounds and swimming pool were well maintained, and although it was near a busy highway, because of how it was designed, was pleasant to sit outside. There was fresh coffee in the morning in the lobby and the staff were always helpful, especially the manager.

The Hamptons can be a very expensive area and when you consider that we paid $30 for a small breakfast in East Hampton, this motel represents good value.

It is well situated, about 5 minutes drive to the centre of Southampton and several of the usual chain eateries are within 3 minutes.

My advice is give it a try.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was unable to get a reservation in my usual place in Southampton, and this hotel was all that was available. It has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in on a business trip and I travel alot. There was not even a phone in the room which I thought was odd. They did have wireless internet, but it was slow and sometimes would not connect. This reminded me of a 1950's hotel but at overinflated Hamptons prices. Mattress was hard, and the room was not clean. In fact there was old food in the refrigerator, and the sheets had stains on them. The bathroom was old and funky. The property manager was very nice but the hotel is terrible. Do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed at the Enclave on 12/30/09. When I checked in, the rate they posted was $99 per night. The young lady at the desk said that was their best rate. Last year, they had winter rates as low as $65 per night. But I checked in. It was a small room (neat and clean, but no microwave). After coming back from dinner that evening, the rate posted was reduced to $89 per night. After speaking to office personnel, she mentioned the $89 rate is for another location. Why post it at this hotel if you can't get that rate here? I was told by the female desk clerk they had wireless internet. No, it's not wireless. You have to use an ethernet cable to connect to your laptop. There were no washcloths in the bathroom. I had to request it. Is it worth the inconvenience, no. I'd rather pay a little bit more and get a microwave, washcloth and speak with knowledgeable, honest personnel who know what they are talking about. After I looked at the printed receipt the next day, I noticed they had a separate hotel tax, surcharge and then a service charge which totaled almost 20%. When I called and inquired about it, the young man said it's all the hotel tax. When I mentioned the hotel tax was separate from the service charge on the receipt, he said he would have his account executive call me. I haven't heard from the AE yet. That's how much they care about their customers. Once they get your money, they could care less. I guess they overcharge people to make up for when times are slow and they have no customers. So, it's an experience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Southampton Long Island Hotel? Share your experiences!