“surprised, and not in a good way!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
75 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 67 restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: CHASE BANK
Transit: There is a train station five minutes from our restaurant, as well as public transportation such as the Hampton Jitney and Hampton Luxury Line.
Description: 1. 75 Main Restaurant & Lounge75 Main Restaurant & Lounge is not just a place you go to eat a delicious Italian meal – it is also a Hampton hot-spot. On top of wonderful food, the venue is home to great music, dancing, nightlife and an overall top-notch experience. It is obviously no surprise that 75 Main is a celebrity attraction, catering to an array of big-name guests like Angelina Jolie, Tila Tequila and Leonardo DiCaprio.Food-wise, 75 Main also dominates The Hamptons. It is an Italian restaurant yet the menu is infused with cuisine from every corner. Menu highlights include Koast Littleneck Clams, Dried Fruit Roast Vegetables and the Pan Roast Alaskan Halibut. 75 Main also boats a fabulous
Westbury, New York
“surprised, and not in a good way!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I were there yesterday, a Friday, and a beautiful day in the Hamptons.
We stopped at 75 Main for lunch, my wife had heard there was a new chef, and wanted to check it out.
After my experience yesterday, and after having read other reviews after the fact, maybe I should not feel too bad.
We ordered the same thing, the salmon blt. The dish came with the sandwich on wheat toast, a basket of fries, and a bit of lettuce, tomato and red onion on the side.
Sounds good right?
When I went to lift a bit of onion to put into my sandwich as my wife had suggested, I saw movement. Yes, there was a bug on my plate! My wife said it looked to be a beetle.
Who knows, I'm no entomologist, all I know is this was a real turn off!
We called our waitress, Ivana, who offered another plate, but I declined.
I should have brought it to the attention of the manager, and I didn't. We were very close to other diners and did not want to make a scene.
But I did expect a complimentary drink, or a adjusted check,- even a apology. That didn't happen!
To me, that sort of thing is inexcusable, especially in a 'high end' restaurant with the sort of reputation 75 Main is supposed to have.
After all is said and done, the food was not bad. It is somewhat pricey, which I would wouldn't be too concerned about if this incident were not so poorly handled.
It'll be quite some time if I ever go back, if at all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“Way overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food is below average and way OVERPRICED! The service is slow.
The restaurant is a hangout for vacationers people watching, so if you just want to people watch and don't care about a good meal go here. EXPENSIVE!

Visited August 2012
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Only if you want to be with the "in" crowd”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We made an online reservation for 5:30. I had remembered this seemed like a nice place with outdoor seating for "people watching". We got there a few minutes early and were told it would be approx. 20 minutes until kitchen opened. Music was extremely loud and "head banging". We opted to sit outside. We had a very nice waiter who also told us it would be a few minutes until the kitchen would be ready. We ordered drinks and waited. About 20 minutes later we ordered. Approx. 30 minutes later we had not gotten our ceasar salad and waiter apologized that kitchen was "getting organized". Another 15 minutes, no sign of the salad another server was sent by our waiter to tell us they were out of the entree I ordered. Nearly an hour from when we sat down. Unacceptable we asked for the check for the drinks and found someplace else. If you really want to be "hip" but hungry go here!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere. Fun regulars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The food is not great, but I was glad they had decent wine. I ordered a French red and enjoyed it. The bartender was a beautiful young Belarus model type and very attentive and sweet. The management seemed uninterested in the guests, but the locals were fun and chatty.

I ordered the crab cake appetizer with the intent to stay for dinner. It which was ok but they loaded the avocado accompanying side with TOO MUCH RED ONION. Must be a European thing...It didn't stop a dude from hitting on me but DAMN the red onion overpowered everything. I skipped dinner.

I will be back because the atmosphere is decent and I had fun.

Did I mention the menus are covered in nude women?

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NY NY
“Tough steaks, slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We came for dinner one night, driving about an hour to get here. We had been here before when it was under another ownership and the food had been wonderful. This time around, the waitstaff seemed overwhelmed and we were forgotten. There was a long wait for the steaks we ordered, and once the food arrived it was cold and the steak was tough and underseasoned. The best place to eat seemed to be the bar where the bartender couldn't disappear for 45 minutes. The food was not inexpensive either. This seems to be a tourist spot--dont think I'll return unless something drastic changes.

• Visited October 2012