“DO NOT STAY HERE!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun N Sand Hotel

Sun N Sand Hotel
You added Sun N Sand Hotel to your Saves list
Sun N Sand Hotel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   52 Longview Road, Southampton, NY 11968 (Formerly Longview Resort Motel)   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Southampton
Hampton bays
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

So for Valentine's Day me and my boyfriend got this room through hot wire, I never heard of this hotel but the pictures looked decent and I really just wanted to be with him. As soon as we arrived the outside didn't look appealing at all. They didn't even plow a little pathway to our room we had to walk through the snow. The room had two bed one wasn't even made and they had stains on the sheets. The door was broken if u didn't lock it the door would pop open from the wind. The floor had someone else's hair on it and the bed felt sandy. There was no heat in fact they gave us a little portable heater. .There was no wifi...crayon on the ceiling ..There were several outlets and only two worked...The shower and sink had a unexplainable blue stain ....and the pillows under the pillow case were completely yellow and stained....I couldn't wait to get home and shower and I wouldn't recommend this room even for a cheap hooker. The windows were all unlocked and we had a 20 year old tv as well

• Stayed February 2014

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
harriburg, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Booked this place through booking .com. Had to cancel within a week of booking.. I was charged immediately for a deposit. Even though I canceled 3 months before the arrival date I was again charged for the balance totaling over 1000.00 from the hotel in August for a place I never stepped foot in! Called the hotel and he said it's new ownership and I should call booking .com because they didn't alert him that I canceled so I was also charged a no show fee. Offered me a free weekend even though he no longer is the "owner". I called booking.com and am sending them my credit card statements showing the charges and they claim I will be fully compensated. Will keep you posted. There is a reason booking.com quit making rooms available here. It's a scam. Booking .com caught on and I'm happy to have the cancellation verified online.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

You are [--] stupid if you stay here. All the previous reviews are correct with the addition of the proprietor fraudulently charging your card. I put up with the poor service, rooms, cleanliness etc. Because I thought I was helping a fellow small business owner out. I am a contractor based in Texas, so I know "when" i'm staying in South Hampton, NY. And that sure as [--] wasn't today for over a thousand dollars worth! Upon further investigation other fraudulent charges were found through out the year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The manager is a liar and a thief. When I found out the location of the Motel was 75 miles from my work, after He said it was very close.I attempted to cancel two days in advance of my arrival;. He charged me for an entire week and would not refund my money. Be very aware of this cheat and thief he will steal your money. Do not stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bridgehampton, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Being a local, I know that nice hotels here in the Hampton's are few and far between. Since I have lived here in Southampton my whole life, I haven't had any need to stay anywhere besides my own home. At any rate, last night (new years eve), my boyfriend and I decided to stay here because the Atlantic hotel as well as their sister hotel the Bentley, down the street, had already closed their office for the evening. Our friends were staying at the Atlantic and we chose Longview due to its close proximity to them. We showed up around 10pm, my boyfriend went to go request and room and pay. I waited in the car. A few minutes later he came outside smiling holding a sheet of paper with reservation information. We were in room #14. He commented that the manager of the hotel was very easy to work with and a general sweetheart just looking to successfully run a hotel.

We were one of two occupied rooms at the motel. Our room ended up being rather dingy and very dark. The furniture was bare and looked decades old. The fridge was yellow, the cabinets in the makeshift bureau were falling apart and the beds were roll away- freestanding pieces of card board. The sheets didnt look clean and had stains. Overall the bathroom was acceptable...no stains, grit or mold anywhere, even the shower. The TV was 20 years old and wouldnt turn on. We didnt bother complaining to the manager because it was New Years Eve and we ultimately didnt end up spending much time in the room anyway...it was just a place to hold our things and eventually sleep.

Our evening was uneventful and we woke up early the next morning. The hotel has no kind of breakfast arrangements or even a kitchen so we left and went to the deli in town. When we got back to the motel about a half hour later I was upset to notice that my cell phone had gone missing. I had placed my iphone on the bed next to the wall charger before we left because I had forgotten to charge it before we went to sleep. My boyfriend and I searched the whole room top to bottom and found nothing but dead bugs and dust behind the furniture and under the beds. When we realized it was truly missing, my boyfriend seeked out the manager and explained the situation. Since we were now the only ones staying at the hotel it only seemed logical that a staff member had come into the room and taken the phone. We were the only guests, and the manager was the only person on staff, and the only one with an extra key. The manager suddenly became defensive and hostile towards my boyfriend so we decided to leave. My boyfriend did ask the man for a refund but was too angry with the situation to actually follow through...we left in a huff.

When I got home I immediately launched the "Find my iPhone" app on the ipad. It showed me that the location of my phone was, in fact, the Longview motel. There was no possibility that the phone had been lost by accident and not able to be found. My phone was stolen out of the room and I can now say I will never return to this motel despite the low prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is in an okay location, but not near the water and no view or anything. Overall it is a family run motor lodge that's really run-down with a raised ranch house in the middle of a few buildings guest rooms. The "office" is in the house.
I was on a work trip and booked this as I hadn't accounted for EVERY other hotel (no joke) on Long Island being at capacity due to Hurricane Sandy victims being displaced. I saw resort in the title and thought it can't be that bad. Then I checked trip advisor and was scared. Trust the trip advisor.
I was greeted by the sounds of a domestic dispute, screams that sounded like a woman attacking a man from a movie almost. I went up to the house and saw a phone number to call for service. I called it an a rattled, disheveled man came down to get me checked in. During check in the man was quite nice, then an adolescent boy I think came down and began screaming. I guess this was the dispute, but with me in the room. I can't identify the language, but it was a pretty terrible scene. I got my key and got out of the house.
Room 1. I entered the room leaving my luggage in the car. I saw stories of Bed bugs on Trip Advisor and wanted to check first as I usually do traveling 5 days a week for work in different hotels nightly. Overall the room was spartan and dingy. If it was clean, it would have been okay though. I pulled back the gross top bedspread and they had those foamy blankets. There was a clear spattering of semen across the blanket along with pubic hair on the sheets. On the second bed, I saw black marks on the mattress head indicating bedbugs, then saw the bed support was collapsed and it was unusable anyway. More pubic hair on the sheets. I went back in to the office and asked to be moved. The owner said he only had one room left and he didn't believe that the "maid" would do that and didn't believe me. I told him I'd be happy to show him and he declined. He mentioned he had another guest arriving later on (this is about 9:45-10pm) but he would give me the other room. This means, someone was going to have to stay in that filth.
Going back to retrieve the key from room 1, he popped in behind me. I was surprised but showed him my complaints and he said he was sorry but didn't seem to see why I was so concerned.
Room 2. I was happy to see a tile floor, less place for critters to live, but unhappy it wasn't swept in a couple weeks. Sand and dirt everywhere, looked like someone stomped boots off by the door, frosting from unknown confections was ground into the grout and left there. The nightstand had wrappers from food on it and the drawer to the desk was crammed with wrappers and receipts (Looking at the dates from weeks past). Bed #1, filthy just like room 1, bed 2, I pulled away from the wall, it looked like there were dead bedbugs on the floor along with other dead insects under the headboard. I couldn't see bedbugs on the mattress. The bathroom was dirty but workable. Both bathrooms have a mysterious blue stain in the showers, toilets and sinks. Must be something in the pipes. I left all my luggage in the room and stripped to my undershirt and gym shorts. I left all my work clothes and suit in the car in case there were bedbugs. I slept in the bed with the heat cranked so I wouldn't need to use the covers. In the morning I grabbed my clothes, hung them on a hook in the bathroom and showered and dressed as quickly as possible and just left the clothes I wore that night behind fearing the possibility there were bedbugs.

Having traveled full time for the past 5 years for work, using priceline almost exclusively, this is the only time I have had a place this bad. This place really needs to be shut down. With this, I am sending a copy of this review to the town offices in Southampton, hopefully the inspectors can get out there. I fear for other guests who don't worry about bedbugs taking them home. The lack of professionalism was amazing. When I went to return my key in the morning, the office was closed for business. May I suggest bringing a small tent and just camping on the beach.

I really think Priceline should consider not doing business with this property as it could really hurt their reputation too. For the couple bucks they make on the booking, they would be better just not risking the bad feedback.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were staying there because the storm. To begin the rooms are terrible. The management is so rude they need to go back to africa or what ever planet they came from. I heard them yelling at every customer staying there including the one hr hookers. The police was there every day. When they realized there is a shortage of rooms they doubled the rent on everyone even when we had a agreement. There were rats and roaches.

Room Tip: are none.........