My husband and I chose Silver's Famous Restaurant for lunch based on its popularity, location, and decor. The restaurant is charming with its brass chandeliers, watercolor paintings on pale lemon-colored walls, antique cash register, and black and white checkerboard floor. We managed to get a window seat and watched Village shoppers while we ate. My husband had the lobster bisque, and I ordered 2 crab cakes over a green salad with tomatoes. Though pricey and average in portion, the food was tasty and satisfying.
We enjoyed the following:
- Central location in The Village
- Charming decor
- Tasty food (We enjoyed the French bread with olive oil, garlic, and sea salt as well as our lunch orders.)
- Attentive servers
We considered the following to be areas of improvement:
- Web site (Its language appears to overexaggerate regarding items being "decently priced" and portions being "lavish.")
- Pricey menu (Most lunch items were priced between $20-50.)
- Lunch as the only meal served
- Narrow seating area
If you own or manage Silver's Famous Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.